Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tactical Games

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

The Tactical Games

I didn't see a thread on www.thetacticalgames.com

I'm pretty interested in competing in these. Looks like lots of preparing and training but it's not your typical "Spartan Race" or "IDPA Match"

There are a lot of sponsors popping up for them lately.

Let's start an info thread on this.....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Looks awesome, I'd seen a little bit about it but none of them are near me so I hadn't paid too much attention.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I didn't see a thread on www.thetacticalgames.com

I'm pretty interested in competing in these. Looks like lots of preparing and training but it's not your typical "Spartan Race" or "IDPA Match"

There are a lot of sponsors popping up for them lately.

Let's start an info thread on this.....
    One in Pa is coming up next Aug. The location isn't terribly far.... about 3 - 3.5 hours north of us. Surprised there's something like this out there. Been through there a few times and it's nothing but small sleepy little towns and farms.

Definitely looks like something I'd like to try

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Interested in this as well. Does anybody know what the events are like? Both on the physical and shooting side.

A little disappointed they don’t allow LPVO’s.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks interesting. I have had the ides of a shooting + functional fitness comp for over a decade now myself.

I singed up for the news letter and will take a look at it and such.

As far as the "Functional Fitness-meets-Combat" slogan, I was doing that with a regional LE tac team to prepare them for SWAT competitions on 08 and 09, and it served them well. It also lead to my being an adjunct at S&W Training Academy having designed two courses at the time.

Here's a highlight vid, but lots more at URL below for training ideas and such if interested.

More:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWATFIT...NING/playlists
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-17-19 at 12:37.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I searched The Tactical Games on YouTube and found a lot of videos.
    Guy with the handle "Kit Badger" has a lot of informative videos.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Just sent my buddy the link to this as well. Got him addicted to run and guns but this is on another level, more what he wants to do. He is less of a running guy and more brute strength type stuff. Definately going to see where the closest one will be for us. In for the comments as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Tactical Games has the most inane and illogical rule set at the very core of the event and it makes it infuriating to try and prep a rifle for it when the rules prohibit the use of universally embraced features of modern sporting/combat rifles, by everyone from complete gamers to SOCOM.

-No magnified optics. Just go look at the 40 page LPVO thread for confirmation that many, many people are not interested in shooting with red dots when such excellent and lightweight LPVO's exist.
    -Vague and contradictory rules on muzzle devices. No "compensators" are allowed "due to excessive blast," but Surefire (the title sponsor of the event, hmmm....) muzzle brakes are specifically allowed, and they're the blastiest bitches on the planet. And the statement "most flash hiders are allowed" but no clarification on what features make it allowed or prohibited. Great, so I can travel 4 hours only to be told that my muzzle device doesn't meet their imaginary standards.
    -Mandatory BUIS. Why?
    -Mandatory milspec BCG & buffer/spring (WTF?). This one is truly idiotic. Especially when they explicitly name Tavors, Augs, and other 5.56 rifles as permissible for they event, yet none of those guns even use a "milspec buffer and bcg" because.... they're not ARs. Are they going to be weighing the recoil system for everyone who brings a Tavor?
    -No "light loads" or "reduced recoil loads" (whatever that means) yet they don't have a chrono station or any way to verify, so who cares? Shit, PMC Bronze 55gr is basically a reduced recoil load as it is haha.
    -No red dot optics on pistols. Grrrrr. What is this, 2009?

The divisions don't make sense either and are begging to be sandbagged. You never let competitors self-select by skill level when there's a prize table, because everyone sandbags. Even people who have a strong moral compass and won't cheat the easily cheatable rules above can still very realistically say "oh, I'm not Elite." Based on watching a bunch of TTG match videos, any USPSA A-class shooter will destroy the entire field when it comes to shooting, assuming they've got the fitness/strength to hang. Are they Elite? By USPSA metrics, not at all. By TTG metrics? I have no idea. Neither do they, because the divisions are imaginary and completely subjective.

It's all just irritating and screams "amateur hour" to anyone with any competitive shooting background whatsoever. In their efforts to "create a level playing field for all shooters" they've made it even easier to game because the rules are vague and contradictory.

Oh, and a $315 entry fee? Thanks but no thanks. That's more than some multi-day sniper matches that cover 30+ miles of terrain.
    Last edited by ClangClang; 10-25-19 at 02:03.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Looks like the no brake rule is because they run a whole squad at the same time in close proximity. May also be a specific range rule, some ranges are goofy. Reddots on rifles is fine seeing as most shots are within 100 yards where you empty a mag on one steel target. No pistol reddots sucks but I CZs that shoot lights out with open sights.

I agree with you on the sandbagging potential, but so does every shooting sport with a classification system. You just get beat out by a better sandbagger.

I doubt they are inspecting everyone's internals on their rifles. Seems like there would be alot of down time having to weight specific parts. Probably just trying to eliminate the JP style captured recoil systems as there are several weights of buffers that come stock.

Elite doesn't seem to do harder shooting just more physical stuff. Look through the instagram photos of the stage brief boards. Elite competitors do the physical stuff twice but shoot the same course of fire.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 10-25-19 at 07:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Looks like the no brake rule is because they run a whole squad at the same time in close proximity. May also be a specific range rule, some ranges are goofy. Reddots on rifles is fine seeing as most shots are within 100 yards where you empty a mag on one steel target. No pistol reddots sucks but I CZs that shoot lights out with open sights.

I agree with you on the sandbagging potential, but so does every shooting sport with a classification system. You just get beat out by a better sandbagger.

I doubt they are inspecting everyone's internals on their rifles. Seems like there would be alot of down time having to weight specific parts. Probably just trying to eliminate the JP style captured recoil systems as there are several weights of buffers that come stock.

Elite doesn't seem to do harder shooting just more physical stuff. Look through the instagram photos of the stage brief boards. Elite competitors do the physical stuff twice but shoot the same course of fire.
    Unless things have changed, none at IDPA either.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast