Thread: The Tactical Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

The Tactical Games

I didn't see a thread on www.thetacticalgames.com

I'm pretty interested in competing in these. Looks like lots of preparing and training but it's not your typical "Spartan Race" or "IDPA Match"

There are a lot of sponsors popping up for them lately.

Let's start an info thread on this.....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Looks awesome, I'd seen a little bit about it but none of them are near me so I hadn't paid too much attention.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I didn't see a thread on www.thetacticalgames.com

I'm pretty interested in competing in these. Looks like lots of preparing and training but it's not your typical "Spartan Race" or "IDPA Match"

There are a lot of sponsors popping up for them lately.

Let's start an info thread on this.....
    One in Pa is coming up next Aug. The location isn't terribly far.... about 3 - 3.5 hours north of us. Surprised there's something like this out there. Been through there a few times and it's nothing but small sleepy little towns and farms.

Definitely looks like something I'd like to try

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Interested in this as well. Does anybody know what the events are like? Both on the physical and shooting side.

A little disappointed they don’t allow LPVO’s.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks interesting. I have had the ides of a shooting + functional fitness comp for over a decade now myself.

I singed up for the news letter and will take a look at it and such.

As far as the "Functional Fitness-meets-Combat" slogan, I was doing that with a regional LE tac team to prepare them for SWAT competitions on 08 and 09, and it served them well. It also lead to my being an adjunct at S&W Training Academy having designed two courses at the time.

Here's a highlight vid, but lots more at URL below for training ideas and such if interested.

More:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWATFIT...NING/playlists
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-17-19 at 12:37.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I searched The Tactical Games on YouTube and found a lot of videos.
    Guy with the handle "Kit Badger" has a lot of informative videos.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Just sent my buddy the link to this as well. Got him addicted to run and guns but this is on another level, more what he wants to do. He is less of a running guy and more brute strength type stuff. Definately going to see where the closest one will be for us. In for the comments as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    But not gonna bother with TTG when their match fees are stratospheric and their rules make no sense.

*There's a rule change. LPVO are allowed on the carbine in 2020. The organizer recognized that more LEO's are using those on their duty rifles, and he didn't want them to have to take them off. I thought I read that you won't be allowed to use the magnification (to keep a level playing field for LEO using their issued set up with no magnification), but can't find that right now.

The rules - while maybe not perfect (but what is?)- make more sense when you understand the founder is adamant about avoiding a equipment race. Despite the impression you might get from forums and Instagram, 99% of military and probably 95% of LEO's are not using LVPOs. None are using low mass bolt carriers and hydraulic buffers (for a reason). Make those legal and folks will be pressured to start modding their rifles. That's what TTG is trying to avoid.

There's a very important reason why you must have BUIS in a tactical competition, designed to test how prepared you are for eventualities. With that clue, if you still can't figure out why you must have BUIS, I'm not going to tell you.

No muzzle brakes of any type are allowed, including Surefire. Not sure how you got that wrong. That rule only came up after they had a stage with competitors shooting in close proximity to each other and getting a lot of gas and debris in the eyes.

It's not cheap, but they sell out. TTG can and should charge what the market will bear. TTG does use a fair amount of equipment, so he had some start up costs. If you think it can be done cheaper, feel free to start your own company and undercut his prices.
    Last edited by comprido; 01-04-20 at 08:31.