Thread: Non-LEO SD and running out of bullets ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have mixed emotions on this subject, having been in an off duty shooting where me and a friend had the bad luck of being ambushed by a neighborhood hell bent on murdering us and I went through 14 or 17 I honestly don't remember the exact number of 32 round Uzi mags I took with my that night.

While on the other hand in my time as a cop in the USA, I responded to shootings where civilians defended themselves against criminals and don't ever remember anyone ever running out of ammo.

I think we need to divide the threats that people face in the USA into traditional criminal and then the rise of active shooters.

I am not a fan of revolvers for self defense, in this age of great semi auto pistols. My Glock 26 with a plus 2 mag basically fills the same foot print as a J frame snubby but with so many more rounds.

Having said that I saw so many times when the good person just presented a firearm and the bad guy(s) ran away.

I always carry my pistol with one spare mag, I just did a road trip in the USA and carried my CZ P07 with a 19 round mag in it and a 21 round mag in my pocket.

In an active shooter your training, background and number of rounds you have on you can dictate how you should respond . Less ammo, training and background, more find a hole and survive. More ammo, training and background go hunting.
    Yes, we must understand ourselves and our weapons. That includes knowing what the weapon can and cannot do.

That being said, a revolver will still solve most problems a gun can for the typical person not looking for trouble.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-26-19 at 21:00.