Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguard for 10.5" SBR

Feedback Score

Handguard for 10.5" SBR

Hey everyone, I'm looking for recommendations for a free float handguard for a 10.5" SBR. I built the SBR several years ago and the parts I have used are not considered "out of style" by most. So I'm looking to update it. I would like to use something that is MLOK compatible and I would like it to be the full length of the barrel. I was planning on just using a regular A2 flash hider, but I'm open to other suggestions too. Points for whoever comes up with good options on the more affordable side.

Plan on adding an Inforce WML and a Magpul handstop.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    LaRue Tactical 9” quad rail or their new 9”LaRue MLok rail. Both are outstanding rails.

But the bottom line is if you want an MLok, for $90 bucks it cannot be beat. I prefer the LaRue mounting system over any other rail I’ve tried from KAC URX 4 to SLR to Troy.

Quad rail:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ail-handguard/

MLok:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ny-handguards/

If you want a quad rail and want it at a budget price try Troy’s 60% off deals. I picked up a 15” carbon fiber MLok rail for my 308 for $130 bucks shipped to my door. I believe I saw some 9” rails on that sale. Let me know if you want picks if any of the LaRue rails or Troy rails, I have some of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I should have clarified. I don't want a quad rail. That's what I had it was not very comfortable and I don't need all that rail estate.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    One more comment on a flash hider

If you want a great flash hider, hmmm I would say the best muzzle device die flash suppression look st the Smith Vortex flash hider. Can be had for $59-60 bucks and if you do some research you can see how effective it is. I tested one against a Precision Armament AFAB which is a comp but they also tout the flash suppression (and it’s darn good) but it couldn’t beat the Smith Vortex. It really is imo the best at what it does and it doesn’t break the bank

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003401292?pid=275452

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Handguard for 10.5" SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I should have clarified. I don't want a quad rail. That's what I had it was not very comfortable and I don't need all that rail estate.
    The ignore the first part of the post which is the most expensive part and look at the MLok version.

Seriously for $90 you really can’t beat it and the mounting system is easy and it aligns your upper to your rail - spot on without having to use an optic mount.

Here it is on my 10.3

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Handguard for 10.5" SBR

Or you can do a 7” for $70 bucks if you feel that’s too much rail. What was the comfort issue with the quad rail?

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    There's a million options. I like the Geissele Mk16 or the BCM MCMR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Or you can do a 7” for $70 bucks if you feel that’s too much rail. What was the comfort issue with the quad rail?

I’d rather stick with closer to 10”. I like the look of just the flash hider being exposed.

Feedback Score
    I have the Noveske KX5 muzzle device with a 12" handguard on my 10.5" barrel. The handguard is a Seekins MCSRV2 MLOC.

A Streamlight Protac railmount HL-X on a 45 off set, with Cloud Defensive LCS for the switch.
    I haven't found a hand stop I like yet.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I’d rather stick with closer to 10”. I like the look of just the flash hider being exposed.
    The Geissele 9.5" rails work well for that on 10.5 barrels IIRC. Been a while since I owned a 10.5, but that was my setup

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast