Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heisman Watch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I'm not sure which defense in CFB can stop LSU this year...
    Bingo!

Geaux, Tigers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They should put me on the CFB Playoff committee. I have a system that is foolproof...

Eight teams without eliminating the two playoff bowl rotations we currently have.

All five P5 conference champs get an automatic bid. Even in suck years, most P5 conferences produce at least a 9-10 win team. So, each one of the P5 conference champs gets invited.

The highest rated G5 team in the final week's rankings get a bid and must be their conference champion as well. This eliminates the controversy over omitting teams like UCF that have an undefeated record, but didn't get the invite because they aren't one of the "big boys" with a strength of schedule to show.

The remaining two spots are "at large" and are based on either Independent status or the highest rated non-conference champ. This is based on record and rating in the final week.

Everyone plays and no bye situations for the top teams. You want to prove you're the best? Play a full schedule like they do in basketball. Nobody there gets a "bye" in the first round. They earn the right to move on. #1 plays #8, #2 plays #7, #3 plays #6 and 4 and 5 play.

Playoffs begin in mid December which gives about two weeks down after conference championship games. Put out bids for Bowls to move to mid December like the Music City or Gator Bowl with a minimum seating capacity of 65,000 and infrastructure to meet that demand. New Years Six Bowls remain rotational. Championship game stays neutral.
    Too many games.

Subtract two games from the regular season and I’m in full support. It’s what I’ve been saying all along as well (with the shortened season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Well, looking for the Committee to do the right thing and bump OSU back down into the #2 spot. Maybe even #3 since Clemson blew out UVA in their conference championship. However, 2 and 3 don't really matter since they play each other and it's just bragging rights until the end of December.

Anyway, LSU deserves that #1 position after the game from yesterday. I mean, the sportswriters are still slobbering over OSU being "the most complete team" in college ball, but danged if LSU didn't prove they have the offense and defense to take it all last night. I think they'll destroy OU if they draw them in the first round.

ETA: Just updated while I was posting. LSU reclaims the #1 spot. OSU #2, Clemson #3 and OU #4.

I'm predicting LSU and Clemson in the Championship.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 12-08-19 at 11:40.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    My wife is half-Cajun with tons of Louisiana kinfolk, and she's a big LSU fan, even though she finished her degree at Tulane. Anyway she is of the opinion that Joe Burrow should get the Heisman, but LSU is generally overlooked. Now about that Cajun Coach "O" - Go Tigers!!!!!
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    My wife is half-Cajun with tons of Louisiana kinfolk, and she's a big LSU fan, even though she finished her degree at Tulane. Anyway she is of the opinion that Joe Burrow should get the Heisman, but LSU is generally overlooked. Now about that Cajun Coach "O" - Go Tigers!!!!!
    I do think the Heisman is Burrow's to give away, but I would think Fields will give him a run for his money. However, I'd put dark horse odds on Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin since he has 6,000 rushing yards in three years (most do it in four).

If your wife is watching, you'll need this for the playoffs this year.

Feedback Score
    I do think the Heisman is Burrow's to give away, but I would think Fields will give him a run for his money. However, I'd put dark horse odds on Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin since he has 6,000 rushing yards in three years (most do it in four).

If your wife is watching, you'll need this for the playoffs this year.

She won't need it - a good number of her relatives speak that Acadian/Cajun lingo. The wife's family has been in Louisiana since the latter part of the 1790's.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Here is an interesting and funny discussion from the Howard Stern Show on Coach Ogeron and LSU. Some funny clips:

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If someone doesn't like Coach O, there is something wrong with them.

Not only has he been good for LSU, he's been good for the whole state.

He's a coonass and the LSU job brought him home. So happy for him.

Lived in NOLA for four yrs. Went to some games at Tiger Stadium and they were rockin'!

Coach O for Coach of the Year.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    If someone doesn't like Coach O, there is something wrong with them.

Not only has he been good for LSU, he's been good for the whole state.

He's a coonass and the LSU job brought him home. So happy for him.

Lived in NOLA for four yrs. Went to some games at Tiger Stadium and they were rockin'!

Coach O for Coach of the Year.
    You know USC is probably saying "WTF were we thinking passing over this guy..."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    #VolTwitter wins again.

Tennessee heading to the Gator Bowl. Was supposed to be the Music City Bowl but we're heading to Florida.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast