Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sight for Milled G17 + Deltapoint Pro

Feedback Score

Front Sight for Milled G17 + Deltapoint Pro

Ok, so. I've got a Gen 4 G17, Leupold Deltapoint Pro, and Deltapoint Pro Rear Iron Sight. The slide will be milled for the DP Pro. I need to pick up a front sight post that will allow me to co-witness. I've seen lots of people talking about front sights being too low to co-witness since the DP Pro is taller. Any suggestions on a front sight post that WILL be tall enough to co-witness on this setup? Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why? I never understood why people put RDS on pistol and cover half the sight picture trying to co witness iron sights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why? I never understood why people put RDS on pistol and cover half the sight picture trying to co witness iron sights.
    I'm a cop, and my department recently updated policy to allow for RDS use *with the caveat that we can co-witness.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    I'm a cop, and my department recently updated policy to allow for RDS use *with the caveat that we can co-witness.
    Being a cop and quoting your department's policy doesn't answer my question. Why? And why would you want a RDS on a duty pistol anyway??

Feedback Score
    Being a cop and quoting your department's policy doesn't answer my question. Why? And why would you want a RDS on a duty pistol anyway??
    I enjoy using a RDS, and if I'm going to put a RDS on my duty pistol then I have to have the ability to co-witness. Why would I not want to use a RDS on a duty pistol? I shoot plenty fine with regular sights, but if a RDS improves/fine tunes some stuff, why do you have an issue with a cop using a RDS on a duty pistol?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    Ok, so. I've got a Gen 4 G17, Leupold Deltapoint Pro, and Deltapoint Pro Rear Iron Sight. The slide will be milled for the DP Pro. I need to pick up a front sight post that will allow me to co-witness. I've seen lots of people talking about front sights being too low to co-witness since the DP Pro is taller. Any suggestions on a front sight post that WILL be tall enough to co-witness on this setup? Thanks in advance!
    My DPP is milled into the slide of my G17 and the front sight is .412" tall and it co-witnesses.

Sounds like you haven't trained with a RDS pistol much. Try it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Perhaps Ameriglo suppressor-height sights? With or without the tritium insert

Feedback Score
    I was at a class 2 years ago and one of the students had a Glock with a rm06 RMR and during one of the drills in the rain, he started cussing loud enough to get everybodies attention. It turns out the window had popped out of the RMR and he had stock sights so he couldn't hit the target at 25yds anymore to finish the drill.

I can guess RDS failure is why a department would require that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I was at a class 2 years ago and one of the students had a Glock with a rm06 RMR and during one of the drills in the rain, he started cussing loud enough to get everybodies attention. It turns out the window had popped out of the RMR and he had stock sights so he couldn't hit the target at 25yds anymore to finish the drill.

I can guess RDS failure is why a department would require that.
    I run stock sights with an rmr. Hitting a/c zone at 25 yds with the irons should not be an issue.

Its a training problem, not a hardware one. I will say rds on handguns is not for the casual shooter.
    If you are dedicated and actually try to be good, no reason to avoid rds.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    "Sounds like you haven't trained with a RDS pistol much. Try it"

No. I have only used RDS on pistols since they have been making them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast