Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartel battle in Mexico

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm surprised that this is even possible in a country with such tight gun laws. Seems like fake news.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    But regardless of legalization, the cartels won’t go away without direct, active military action by the US. Thinking otherwise, in my opinion, is delusional.
    The Mexican gov't doesn't seem up to the task. I would imagine if these kinds of cartels were operating in this country at the level they operate in Mexico, there would be some serious throw downs a coming.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Guys, if we decriminalize drugs, it will just make it easier for degenerate druggies to overdose and die, and that might lead people to believe that poor decisions can actually have negative consequences.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Douglas MacArthur had a quote that seemed relevant here, though he was talking about the challenges of ending armed conflict.
    "The problem basically is theological and involves a spiritual recrudescence and improvement of human character that will synchronize with our almost matchless advances in science, art, literature and all material and cultural developments of the past two thousand years. It must be of the spirit if we are to save the flesh."--from his speech at the Japanese surrender, 1945

Now I'm not saying everybody needs a Bible or whatever holy book stuffed in their hand by citing this--what I am saying is we've had so many generations raised to believe in nothing above ourselves starting with the overindulged upbringing of the Baby Boomers and steadily getting ever further off-course through Gen X, my own "X-ennial microgeneration," Millennials and now Post-Millennials, and a kind of nihilistic rot has set in at a cultural level.
    The general lived in a trying and possibly less morally ambiguous time, although great evils where turned loose. He seems to be harkening to a different path for people and nations...an older path, a better path.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    So if we legalize drugs the cartels will cease to exist and become good citizens , the violence in Mexico will stop, we will save billions of dollars and drug consumption will massively drop? If this is not all true then how will legalization solve anything? I can agree that the WoD is not working but I cannot see legalization solving anything.
    There will cease to be a reason for people to purchase drugs that come out of drug cartel pipelines. When that happens, the drug cartels will lose money flow. When they lose money flow, they will no longer be able to afford to do all of the very expensive things that a drug cartels needs to be able to do to remain viable - purchase weapons, bribe officials.

Some of them will doubtless try to go legit and the smarter ones will even be able to make it. The rest will be much easier to clean up with no organization to support them.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yes, because drug abuse is a victimless crime .
    Tell us where the freedom touched you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Cartel battle in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    The argument against any sort of prohibition is that it doesn’t work. The same arguments are made about regulation.
    Regulation DOES work. There is just a point of diminishing returns. The BATFE, I would imagine, is still involved in illegal alcohol sales, illegal tobacco sales, illegal explosives sales, and illegal firearms sales. I would hazard a guess that we are not in a worse position regarding most of those things. When was the last SBR used in a bank robbery? I’d imagine they’re out there...but... We can bitch and moan about muh rights, but sometimes it’s worth taking the hit for a better good. Don’t take my words farther than they go there, as I would love theoretically love to do away with the Hughes Amendment. But I doubt any of us would like the result, which is that kids in the ghetto would start getting hit by automatic fire instead of semi auto fire in short order. And I don’t foresee any voters liking that for long.

Perhaps we should legalize some things. But to act like legalization of all drugs would not have deleterious consequences for individuals and families is silly. I’ve got immediate family who has used more drugs than I can name. It isn’t good. Making them legal would not make that any better.
    Ok, lol at pretty much all of this.

I feel so much better that Liberty is regulated in such a repugnant manner.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 10-21-19 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Lolbertarianism = Peak Degeneracy.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Tell us where the freedom touched you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Family Christmas in Cancun anyone?

Mexico IS A FAILED STATE. The morons that still travel there deserve every bad thing that could happen to them.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So if we legalize drugs the cartels will cease to exist and become good citizens , the violence in Mexico will stop, we will save billions of dollars and drug consumption will massively drop? If this is not all true then how will legalization solve anything? I can agree that the WoD is not working but I cannot see legalization solving anything.
    That's what happened to organized crime in this country when Prohibition was over, right? Right?.......No, NOT RIGHT. Bad people are bad people, it's really that simple. They need to be killed or incarcerated and I have no qualms about either.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast