Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Component of Trump Coup Attempt

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't forget Mattis as well. This is not normal or healthy for the Republic.

This probably belongs in the civil war thread, it's that bad.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Don't forget Mattis as well. This is not normal or healthy for the Republic.

This probably belongs in the civil war thread, it's that bad.
    Maybe that should tell you how bad the president is when you have all sides hating him.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I don't care if he is an Admiral or not. I don't care if he is a frickin Field Marshal. If he is a part of the coup, and he is, he is a TRAITOR. Traitors should be arrested, tried, and HUNG on the White House steps. And there are a lot of traitors to hang.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Maybe that should tell you how bad the president is when you have all sides hating him.
    I'm no fan of Trump but a lack of wars make warhawks irrelevant.

I think we want that modern day Patton or Pershing. But no.

FWIW I think Smedley Butler would agree with Trump on withdrawal.

War really is a racket. It gives politicians too much relevance, it uses young men as literal chess pawns, and moreover it accrues a lot of debt and owed favors.

I think this reflects more on Mattis and McRaven than Trump.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I don't care if he is an Admiral or not. I don't care if he is a frickin Field Marshal. If he is a part of the coup, and he is, he is a TRAITOR. Traitors should be arrested, tried, and HUNG on the White House steps. And there are a lot of traitors to hang.
    George Washington was just a colonial Colonel, then he rebelled and made general. Just say’n.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I am with you on this brother, They keep springing up like virus to affect the whole body, Impeaching the elected president after he was investigated with no collision or election malpractice. This is treason.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So you are OK with an orchestrated coup attempt? Half the country think the previous President was horrible, now the other half think this one is horrible, but this is by G@d AMERICA, you vote them out or you wait until they term limit out. Nothing Trump has done warrants three years of constant attacks from the deep state, the CIA, the FBI, the media. They are not attacking Trump, they are telling 60,000,000 voters "your vote doesn't count because we don't like your guy and we are going to stage a coup to get him out of there". If they succeed this will not end well, and all the never Trumpers are crazy to cheer this on. I am a citizen, not a subject, it sticks in my craw that some are now apparently above the law and think that they have the right to dictate to us how things are going to be.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    So you are OK with an orchestrated coup attempt? Half the country think the previous President was horrible, now the other half think this one is horrible, but this is by G@d AMERICA, you vote them out or you wait until they term limit out. Nothing Trump has done warrants three years of constant attacks from the deep state, the CIA, the FBI, the media. They are not attacking Trump, they are telling 60,000,000 voters "your vote doesn't count because we don't like your guy and we are going to stage a coup to get him out of there". If they succeed this will not end well, and all the never Trumpers are crazy to cheer this on. I am a citizen, not a subject, it sticks in my craw that some are now apparently above the law and think that they have the right to dictate to us how things are going to be.
    Just because Trump claims there is an Orchestrated Coup attempt doesn't mean there is one.

What I am not ok with is pretty much everything Trump has done. He is an unstable nut job.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just because Trump claims there is an Orchestrated Coup attempt doesn't mean there is one.

What I am not ok with is pretty much everything Trump has done. He is an unstable nut job.
    That is your opinion, my opinion is the unstable nut jobs are the ones pushing these attacks, guess we will just have to disagree.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/18/five...ent-rates.html

Alabama, California, Illinois, New Jersey and South Carolina all set new all-time low unemployment rates in September.

The declines come amid a national jobless rate that fell to 3.5%, the lowest since 1969.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 10-18-19 at 23:58.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    While I don’t agree with what McRaven said, calling it treason is pretty ignorant. First of all, he is retired. That may not be the same as completely unaffiliated with service, but he doesn’t lead service members anymore so anything he says is just his opinion. Mattis is no different, though I don’t believe what he said (at least the quote I’ve seen) is anywhere near on the same level as McRaven. POTUS talked shit to Mattis and Chaos hit him back.

Also, and even more importantly, no one in the military swears an oath to the president. We swear an oath to the Constitution and vow to follow lawful orders. If a president ever stepped way out of line and was heading straight for dictatorship, I’d hope that our senior leaders would step up and challenge him/her, in support of our Constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-19-19 at 21:57.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast