Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t decide on upper and need help

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Can’t decide on upper and need help

I keep going back and forth and I’m getting angry so decide for me.

I have a BCM lower with an A5 waiting. I can’t decide if I want a 14.5 BCM BFH ELW with a 13” MCMR and a pinned A2X or a 16” ELW with a 15” MCMR. I’m pretty set on the 14.5 but would I regret it for any reason? I’m not a huge fan of the available muzzle devices from them so I think the A2X is the way to go. Maybe the Warcomp but I’m more concerned with less flash and concussion.

Either upper will get a red dot of some sort. Probably an aimpoint T2.

I’m drinking bourbon and ready to order so help me out friends.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Best advice:

Make your own decision based on whether you will be shooting at shorter or longer distances and whether you really need a 15” handguard based on your height/arm length.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    What do you want to do with the rifle, and what performance do you expect?

With the info given:
    If you will never buy a silencer, or shoot it out before you get one, get the 14.5”. A2 is good and no reason to change it later.

If you are not sure what you want or like to chase the new “hottness”, get the 16”

Either way, the difference is minimal, and performance wont matter either way.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-18-19 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Best advice:

Make your own decision based on whether you will be shooting at shorter or longer distances and whether you really need a 15” handguard based on your height/arm length.
    I’m 6’1” and I won’t be shooting far. 100 yards max usually. Maybe further on occasion but that’s what an LPVO is for.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you will never buy a silencer, or shoot it out before you get one, get the 14.5”. A2 is good and no reason to change it later.

If you are not sure what you want or like to chase the new “hottness”, get the 16”

Either way, the difference is minimal, and performance wont matter either way.
    Almost bought a suppressor today but the wait will kill me and I’ve should suppressed guns before and they are fun but I don’t like the added weight so probably won’t get one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lots of fans of the 16” barrel on this forum and I understand why, but my preference is always the 14.5” - even if pinned.

If I was in your situation, I would 100% get the 14.5” ELW barrel with the Warcomp pinned and be done with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    Lots of fans of the 16” barrel on this forum and I understand why, but my preference is always the 14.5” - even if pinned.

If I was in your situation, I would 100% get the 14.5” ELW barrel with the Warcomp pinned and be done with it.
    How’s flash and concussion with the Warcomp?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    How’s flash and concussion with the Warcomp?
    Flash with Warcomp is minimal by my eyes through a 12.5”, and the concussion was nothing like the massive concussion I received with another hybrid hider/comp. I don’t see you regretting pinning one.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’m 6’ and recently tried my first 16” upper. I hated it. 14.5s and shorter for me. MD does make it harder. Obviously A2 is best for flash, BCM comp is awesome and I love it, but more comp-y, warcomp is probably a happy middle and I was just watching videos of it at night and it’s pretty damn good. That being said, I don’t have hands on time with the warcomp but wasn’t really a fan of the closed tone variant. My vote is 14.5 ELW with standard warcomp. Do it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m 6’ and recently tried my first 16” upper. I hated it. 14.5s and shorter for me. MD does make it harder. Obviously A2 is best for flash, BCM comp is awesome and I love it, but more comp-y, warcomp is probably a happy middle and I was just watching videos of it at night and it’s pretty damn good. That being said, I don’t have hands on time with the warcomp but wasn’t really a fan of the closed tone variant. My vote is 14.5 ELW with standard warcomp. Do it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    K fine I’ll do it. But maybe I’ll get the KMR rail to be different since it’s not the cool thing anymore. Hmm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast