Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle belt - Gadsden Dynamics

Feedback Score

Battle belt - Gadsden Dynamics

Looking to put together a belt. Something quick to don/doff, for HD/range/classes. Basic load out will be G19, 2 spare G19 mags, a spare AR mag or two, and ifak.

I really like this one, https://www.gadsdendynamics.com/coll...ducts/war-belt

Any thoughts or advice from more experienced belt users? This is my first go with a battle belt. Does anyone own this particular belt?

Feedback Score
    It has a plastic buckle which and looks like the belt is integrated with the molle section which are cons.

If you want a belt that doesn't use a velcro inner outer the best option is the HSGI battle belt with their internal belt with a cobra buckle.

Its going to be about 2x the price though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    It has a plastic buckle which and looks like the belt is integrated with the molle section which are cons.

If you want a belt that doesn't use a velcro inner outer the best option is the HSGI battle belt with their internal belt with a cobra buckle.

Its going to be about 2x the price though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yes, the belt is integrated. It comes with plastic or cobra buckle as options. Thanks for the input omega.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Honestly looks kind of like an ATS belt sleeve, except with the ATS sleeve you could use whatever inner belt you want...

That being said, I've owned a couple "classic battle belt" types and no matter how the company advertises it as "no slip" or how comfortable people say it is, I always found them slipping, sagging, sliding up my waist, etc etc. So I mean, YMMV, maybe it's great for you.

That being said, for such a light loadout.... I really don't see the point of a full-on MOLLE belt anyway.
    Perhaps consider also, either just using a stiffer webbing shooters belt (like something from Wilderness or the plethora of other tactical belt makers) + either BFG or HSGI, or other belt-mountable pouches, OR try a 2-piece velcro inner/outer belt.
    The AWS LAB belt is/was pretty reasonably priced and pretty good quality. There's dozens of other belt options in the same vein right now. Also First Spear (MRB) and Crye also make 2-piece velcro systems, but with full MOLLE compatibility.
    https://www.awsin.com/products.asp?id=164

Granted, I have not owned an inner/outer setup like the LAB yet- I'm currently just using my EDC belt [Wilderness 5-stitch] with belt pouches for light range loads like this [pistol, 2x pistol mags, 1x rifle, dump pouch]. The only drawback is it's a PITA to thread everything, which is why a simple 2-piece velcro system is something I'll be trying someday.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Go with an inner/outer belt. Hard to find a padded belt that stays in place and doesn't flop round alot when moving.

The belt on that one looks pretty flimsy and won't keep the mags from sagging outward. A nice Ares or Volund gear belt will hold alot of stuff and is stiff enough to get the job done.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 10-20-19 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Where do you mount a holster? Looks like MOLLE all the way around.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ronin, Eagle, Blue Alpha Gear, and maybe the Raptor Odin all make belts with a better design.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Most padded molle belts have a slot to access the inner belt for mounting a holster the traditional way. G-Code has a molle mountable holster attachment.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’ve had GCode Operator belt for over 3 yrs and have worn it for some pretty grueling training days including wearing it for 11 straight hours of run and gun drills yesterday (Saturday). It uses a velcro inner belt that you thread through your belt loops on your pants and hold your pants up and the outer belt has velcro hook on the inside that attaches to the pants belt. I’ve owned both HGSI Sure Grip and Slim Grip padded belts with with their HGSI cobra inside belt and like Jelly Bean said they ride up. No matter what I did they rode up. Also I hated the 2 rows of PALS on the Slim Grip belt and had a hard time keeping my pouches secure, especially with a lot of running. I’ll never use any other type of belt than the GCode and it’s reasonably priced and it is a high quality product. I have both belt mounting hardware and made my own attachment system using velcro straps and the Molle loops on the pouch, plus regular molle. The only thing I’ve added to it was a set of VTAC suspenders and that combination is pure perfection. We ran some hard drills yesterday some of them involving a 100m run with 3 stages of fire, all the drills involved running and kneeling, sitting, prone and standing stages and I had absolutely no problems with my setup. My belt stayed 100% secure and my pants stayed where I buttoned them that morning. Had I done similar activities with the Sure Grip or Slim Grip I would have been fighting it all day (and night). Some guys may have different experiences but you really never know how your belt will ride until you spend a full day running with it. I don’t mind showing some pics or if you are on LF, I have a post there “War Belt version 4” because it took 4 iterations for me to finally get the GCode and discover war belt utopia.

Here’s a link to the belt:

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/pro...tors-belt-175/

My setup:
    Safariland 6354 DO holster on an RTI Optimal rotating drop leg platform
    Tactical Tailor (TT) triple pistol mag pouch
    TT dump pouch (for carrying stuff around)
    TT Accessory Pouch 1H (horizontal) pouch for my ifak
    - BFG hammock hanging from the ifak for a TQ
    Haley subload panel with a double M4 mag pouch
    Leatherman MUT
    McNett fixed blade
    VTAC suspenders - these took all of 2 minutes to get attached and 3-4 minutes to adjust.

Like I said I cannot see myself ever going down another path because this setup is perfect for me. The only changes I MAY make are to move from my subload to a couple of ESSTAC mag pouches that mount directly to the belt, but I’m still debating that. I hate thigh rig holsters but this HGSI panel is pretty slick and with two straps on my thigh does not even move an iota, so the mag pouch on the belt is just me debating picking them up to test it out and see how I like it, but nothing is “broken” in my design/layout so I would just be changing it for the helluva it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Y’all have given me some things to think on. Ruling out the Gadsden rig, and thinking more along the lines of a 2 piece set up. Thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast