Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LaRue Stealth 2.0 upper/handguard - Solid for aiming devices?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

LaRue Stealth 2.0 upper/handguard - Solid for aiming devices?

How tight is the lockup on this?

It’s obviously not an LMT monolithic upper, but it looks like that’s the sort of idea that LaRue was imitating. Curious how close they came.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have one, from my unscientific perspective it seems solid. What do you want to know a out it?

I can try to get you some pics of both the upper and rail if that would help. I have the 13" mlok version, with a 16" Stealth barrel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vandal5; 10-20-19 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I appreciate it.

Mostly, I’m curious about the strength and stiffness of the handguard/receiver lockup. Others have used LaRue’s standard handguards with vociferous praise for its laser and night vision usage potential. This upper and handguards would allow one to mount straight across the mating surface...but not sure if that is a good idea.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I appreciate it.

Mostly, I’m curious about the strength and stiffness of the handguard/receiver lockup. Others have used LaRue’s standard handguards with vociferous praise for its laser and night vision usage potential. This upper and handguards would allow one to mount straight across the mating surface...but not sure if that is a good idea.
    They seem to lock up pretty solid. There are two pins that help align the upper and hand guard, then there are 4 bolts that hold them together. It creates one continuous upper rail and as you said you could mount something across them.

Wanted to separate them for you and take some pics but can't find my torx key at the moment. Will add some pics of what I could get for you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry for the delay with the pics. Once I find my torx key I'll pull the hand guard off and take pics of both sides of the mating surfaces. Found some older ones from when I was building it by the pics aren't very good.

In one pic you can see where I was able to place my scope mount across both the upper and hand guard.

Also, just in case you didn't notice, the keymod and mlok versions are slightly different. On the keymod the bolts are recessed into the mounting flange. On the mlok the bolts a little longer and show outside the flange like mine does.

Last edited by vandal5; 10-23-19 at 05:02.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks for the pictures, that is helpful.

I wonder what the engineering gods of the forum have to say... looks secure to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bumping this thread. This seems like it's a good alternative to the LMT MRP series and gives you more barrel options without needing any kind of custom work. How has this been treating folks who have them?

Does anybody know the total weight of the 13.0" variant, including barrel nut?

UPDATE: According TOS, the 10.5" M-LOK weighs 20.5 oz. and the 10.5" KeyMod weighs 19.4 oz.
    Last edited by justin_247; 05-12-20 at 21:17. Reason: Updated

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Bumping this thread. This seems like it's a good alternative to the LMT MRP series and gives you more barrel options without needing any kind of custom work. How has this been treating folks who have them?

Does anybody know the total weight of the 10.5" and 13.0" variants, including barrel nut?
    I can try to pull mine apart in the next day or so and weigh it.

I have the 13" handguard version.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I can try to pull mine apart in the next day or so and weigh it.

I have the 13" handguard version.

I appreciate it, but please don't take your weapon apart just to weigh it. If you can tell me what barrel and muzzle device you're running, I can figure it out pretty close using process of deduction.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    I appreciate it, but please don't take your weapon apart just to weigh it. If you can tell me what barrel and muzzle device you're running, I can figure it out pretty close using process of deduction.
    Not that big a deal, my out door range I go to is looking to be closed till at least the 31st and I swapped scope mounts a while back so it's not properly zeroed.

Will give me a good excuse to make sure I put locktite and tightened the gas block set screws good enough.

As I said before I have the 13" rail and I have a 16" Stealth barrel. Muzzle device is just an A2 flash hider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast