G&R Tactical

Thread: LaRue Stealth 2.0 upper/handguard - Solid for aiming devices?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

LaRue Stealth 2.0 upper/handguard - Solid for aiming devices?

How tight is the lockup on this?

Itís obviously not an LMT monolithic upper, but it looks like thatís the sort of idea that LaRue was imitating. Curious how close they came.
    ďGod doesnít need your good works, but your neighbor does.Ē - Luther

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one, from my unscientific perspective it seems solid. What do you want to know a out it?

I can try to get you some pics of both the upper and rail if that would help. I have the 13" mlok version, with a 16" Stealth barrel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vandal5; 10-21-19 at 00:19.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I appreciate it.

Mostly, Iím curious about the strength and stiffness of the handguard/receiver lockup. Others have used LaRueís standard handguards with vociferous praise for its laser and night vision usage potential. This upper and handguards would allow one to mount straight across the mating surface...but not sure if that is a good idea.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I appreciate it.

Mostly, Iím curious about the strength and stiffness of the handguard/receiver lockup. Others have used LaRueís standard handguards with vociferous praise for its laser and night vision usage potential. This upper and handguards would allow one to mount straight across the mating surface...but not sure if that is a good idea.
    They seem to lock up pretty solid. There are two pins that help align the upper and hand guard, then there are 4 bolts that hold them together. It creates one continuous upper rail and as you said you could mount something across them.

Wanted to separate them for you and take some pics but can't find my torx key at the moment. Will add some pics of what I could get for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry for the delay with the pics. Once I find my torx key I'll pull the hand guard off and take pics of both sides of the mating surfaces. Found some older ones from when I was building it by the pics aren't very good.

In one pic you can see where I was able to place my scope mount across both the upper and hand guard.

Also, just in case you didn't notice, the keymod and mlok versions are slightly different. On the keymod the bolts are recessed into the mounting flange. On the mlok the bolts a little longer and show outside the flange like mine does.

Last edited by vandal5; 10-23-19 at 06:02.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thanks for the pictures, that is helpful.

I wonder what the engineering gods of the forum have to say... looks secure to me.