Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LaRue Stealth 2.0 upper/handguard - Solid for aiming devices?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Don’t want you to damage the thing, but I’d love to see some sort of rigidity test like Kino Davis did way back in the day.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Don’t want you to damage the thing, but I’d love to see some sort of rigidity test like Kino Davis did way back in the day.
    Lol, if someone wants to supply one for testing I'd be happy to oblige!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Eh, take one for the team!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Will probably put it all back together this weekend. If any one wants different pics or any other info I'll try go get it.
    Big thanks for doing all of this work! GREAT information.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    IIRC, with the amount of hurt feelings, threats, and drama that testing created, it ended up not being worth it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Anybody have a link to that Kino rigidity testing?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Anybody have a link to that Kino rigidity testing?
    Should be tacked in the tech section last time I saw it.

The issue which flex testing hammers involves bolts breaking while pressure is leveraged from the rail against the upper receiver. Weak uppers, especially those which are billet and are not reinforced, find they cave substantially faster than those that are, or are forged receivers. It also goes on to show the weaker receivers do nothing in terms of making things more accurate (obviously). I'm sure there were more issues and reasons to not buy crappy upper receivers, but I haven't had coffee and didn't sleep much last night.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123