Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake City goes to Olin.

Feedback Score

Lake City goes to Olin.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300927141.html

Does anyone know what this means for XM193 for commercial sales? Looks like Whinchester will take control of the LC plant in Q4 of 2020.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Winchester is not shy about making money selling M193.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Winchester is not shy about making money selling M193.
    Winchester has made M193 as its Q3131. Some from USA, some from israel. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    The Israeli is Q3131A.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have also seen them make military contract 193 and 855 for FMS and maybe US use using the WCC headstamp. Now that FC has set the precedent on selling LC stamped ammo on the commercial market I fully expect Olin to continue this once they take over.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Remington ran Lake City from 1941 to 1985 then Winchester ran Lake City from 1985 until 2001 when ATK got the contract.

Now Winchester has the contract again to produce ammunition at Lake City. ATK-Federal was allowed to produce ammunition at Lake City for civilian sales during slack periods and to reduce costs.

In the past Remington and Winchester did not make ammunition for civilian sales so we will not know if Winchester will copy ATK-Federal methods of cost savings.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally, I'm stocking up on ammo now. Not that I need an excuse but you can't tell me there won't be some hiccups in production when Winchester takes over after being away for 20 years, probably component changes etc.......in an election year....when demand may seriously spike.... I'd rather have a "known entity" in my ammo stash, and prices are fair enough right now.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I sure hope Olin continues with civilian sales from LC. It has been very consistent in both ammo and brass quality and pretty good value for bulk cost. There are other suppliers of good bulk value, but I don’t think they could match the volume output of LC. Or could they?
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Personally, I'm stocking up on ammo now. Not that I need an excuse but you can't tell me there won't be some hiccups in production when Winchester takes over after being away for 20 years, probably component changes etc.......in an election year....when demand may seriously spike.... I'd rather have a "known entity" in my ammo stash, and prices are fair enough right now.
    Yep just bought 1200 rounds just now. Also what will happen to MK318 SOST and TBBC? Aren’t those made at the LC plant too?
    Last edited by Glock9mm1990; 10-22-19 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    I sure hope Olin continues with civilian sales from LC. It has been very consistent in both ammo and brass quality and pretty good value for bulk cost. There are other suppliers of good bulk value, but I don’t think they could match the volume output of LC. Or could they?
    I'd be pretty sure that Winchester will notice the profitability from doing as ATK did and not want to pass that up.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast