Thread: Trigger endurance

Feedback Score

Trigger endurance

Currently shooting a stock g19.5
    When Im fresh, I can consistently get sub 0.18 splits
    In longer stages, I slow down significantly. We had a 7 stage (all 32rd stages) hoser fest last weekend, and the last 2 stages I could barely manage .25 splits on the last arrays.

I know over gripping can lead to this, but is it mostly a training issue (to build endurance)? Or should I start looking at hardware changes? It actually cost me a few slots in the rankings.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-21-19 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do they make a Gen 5 extra power trigger spring? That would aid in getting the trigger out for faster reset. My theory being coming out may be where you are slowing, the extra oomph may help.

Or you could attach lead weights to you trigger-finger fingernail and do extensions to build endurance on the reset - JOKE
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Do they make a Gen 5 extra power trigger spring? That would aid in getting the trigger out for faster reset. My theory being coming out may be where you are slowing, the extra oomph may help.

Or you could attach lead weights to you trigger-finger fingernail and do extensions to build endurance on the reset - JOKE
    Its definately the pull. I get off ok, but after long strings, my brain says “pull” and Im sitting there, waiting for the gun to fire, the the trigger feels HEAVY and long.

Edit these are 16-17 second 32 rd stages
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-21-19 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Understand.

Do you shoot reset or flip?

Do you have a DA revolver or a DA/SA auto you could do sets of trigger pulls to exhaustion on?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I keep a Black one in my car.

Prohands Gripmaster Hand Exerciser, Finger Exerciser (Hand Grip Strengthener)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006GBDZY..._cNQRDbY9THHEW

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Understand.

Do you shoot reset or flip?

Do you have a DA revolver or a DA/SA auto you could do sets of trigger pulls to exhaustion on?
    1. Reset “under recoil”
    2. No. I dry fire a lot. I also, sometimes, prop the slide open so I get a full range of motion on the trigger press to dry fire multiple targets, though its reduced weight. I had a NY spring in my training gun which was great for dry fire, but the frame is out for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I keep a Black one in my car.

Prohands Gripmaster Hand Exerciser, Finger Exerciser (Hand Grip Strengthener)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006GBDZY..._cNQRDbY9THHEW

Dennis.
    Interesting. I dont think ive seen that before, thanks.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-22-19 at 06:30.

Feedback Score
    Just to close this out...
    I had a 400rd match last weekend, all 32 rd stages.
    I practiced trigger speed every day, but took the day before off.

Splits were .15-.17 to the last stage.
    Im keeping the stock trigger and modifying my training.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-01-19 at 21:04.