Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: REVIEW - Magpul PMag 35 rd for CZ Scorpion Evo 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMe View Post
    Had the same significant insertion difficulties as Naphtali with magpul mags in my evo, which I’ve had for a few years. Has the factory mag release. I filed a very small amount from the top of the feed lips. Also removed a small amount from the mag locking lug which the mag release catches on. Took a very very small amount off. Looks like scuff marks. They now insert fine. Need to test them out. Already ordered some more.
    I was wondering how long it would take for another report (or more) of this same issue to appear. Particularly with the OEM mag catch. To any conspiracy theorists, I am not PeteMe, nor do I have any idea who he / she is.

And really, this is not just the 2nd post on this. CZ's website has 2 x 2018 reviews of the windowed mags (11355) failing to seat on a closed bolt in the review section under the product description. While CZ says they did a slight redesign to shorten the mags after this feedback, I guarantee you that those originals (prior to the revision) were still shorter than the PMags, which means whoever posted those reviews back in 2018 would right now have the same PMag problems that I and PeteMe are having.

If these 2 reviews from 12-18 months ago on CZ's site are true (and why would they not be), then I would say this safely brings the count to 4 Scorpions where the PMag would fail by being too tall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...d-Black-Window

This is a cool/robust looking mag but it does NOT fully seat in my CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1. I may have to return or take a chance with a file? Note, I have no other issues with the original style mag's.

5/30/2018

TyLANolpm

I bought 3 of these. They appear to be a nice improvement over the originals. Unfortunately, they don't seat properly and require some force when inserting to activate the catch (hopefully). Is this a bad batch? Do we need to modify them or return them? Thanks.

10/8/2018

Bill

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think enough of these should prompt Magpul to consider redesigning the PMag shorter above the mag catch indentation. Even if the taller PMag height feeds rounds a little better in 98% of guns, but parts have to be filed down in 2% or they don't work at all, I would say that is the greater evil. I'd rather the situation be like OEM mags, where they basically work fine in all guns. For CZ's windowed mags, due to rare cases where they wouldn't seat after the initial release, CZ shortened the mag.

I really would rather have unmodified PMags that work than CZ mags. I have little doubt that Magpul's polymers are superior to CZ's.
    Last edited by Naphtali; 11-01-19 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    After reading through all this there are several members that should man up and deliver an apology to the OP.
    Agree.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    After reading through all this there are several members that should man up and deliver an apology to the OP.
    Nah....totally disagree. Had the OP posted a 30 second video showing the mags failing to seat asking for troubleshooting advice it would have been totally different. Instead we got a wall of text claiming 16 "catastrophic" failures in 2 guns.....nothing blew up. The mags failed to seat in an older version of the gun. Nothing "catastrophic" happened. Seriously, have you owned an AK? I have filed a few mags to seat and didn't rant to the world about a catastrophic failure. I'm not Magpul and I don't have to tiptoe around people. This was overly dramatic and looks like attention craving behavior.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I appreciate everyone including MagPul.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I got some of these in; difficult to insert them far enough to lock with a closed bolt on 2 different gen 2 guns, however they lock just fine on an open bolt and working the bolt a bit has already made them easier to insert on a closed bolt.

I think they're going to turn out OK, and would agree that the problem is likely the bolt being too low in relation to the magazine for whatever reason.

Haven't shot them yet to see if the bolt dragging on the mag is going to cause any issues, but I doubt it will. It'll probably be self-correcting after a while.

Feedback Score
    Have to agree. Folks were awful quick to call the OP a liar. Was the writing a touch dramatic? Maybe - but to jump from that to calling a man a liar is unfortunate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456