Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 350 LEGEND

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about buying a 350 Legend upper with a 16" barrel. I'm wondering how it compares to 300 blackout super sonics for deer and hogs. I'm thinking the 35 cal bullet would be better than 300 blackout, especially for larger hogs. I don't take shots more than 200 yards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can speak from experince that the .350 Legend does very well on hogs.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Anybody try out the factory subsonic load yet?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you aren't running subsonic with a suppressor, I wouldn't use a 300BO. Even a 7.62x40WT or 300HAM'R would be preferable if starting from scratch. With that being said, I still question why they didn't standardize the 357AR but, I guess they could rename the cartridge so now we have the 355AR or 350"Legend".

For hunting like you describe, I'd give the 350Legend a try. Big bullets with good weight traveling reasonably fast will work well if they make contact with the target. If a 45-70 can take Buffalo, a 350Legend shouldn't have any trouble with Deer. Winchester plinker ammo is pretty cheap these days too!

Feedback Score
    I was asked to test cases for Federal and bullets for both Hornady and Speer early on and as far as I know killed the first hog with the Legend back before factory ammo was readily available. I've killed +/- 50 hogs with the Legend and it does a great job of putting them down quickly. I've mostly used the 170gr Hornady Interlock over all the CFEBLK I can stuff in the case, shoots better than any factory load and whacks hogs with authority. I've also had good luck with the 160gr Federal Fusion bullet too. Not much experience with the 165gr Hornady FTX, but I think it will also be a good choice.

For some reason both the 170gr Interlock and the 160gr Fusion loads feed MUCH smoother than any of the pointed bullets???

I'm running one of our Quell Ti suppressors and it's pretty quiet. It's not as versatile as the 300 HAM'R nor shoots as flat, but within the range limitations of the cartridge it's hard to argue with bullet mass!

We offer 20rd Lancer mags modified to 15rd Legend that work very well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I bought an upper for several reasons: the ball ammo is available from Bud,s for about $8.20 a box; it hits harder than a 5.56; I believed I could make useful hits out to 250-300 yards, it should make a great deer, hog, and self/home defense rifle out to 250 yards; The FMJ component bullets are $.13 each from MidwayUSA; and I needed something new to play with. I was able to buy two magazines, a 5 round and a 10 round, and dura-mag claims to have a 20 round mag in the works. It would make a great patrol rifle, with a proper magazine, as a 180 PP in 350 LEGEND has got to hit much harder than a 64 PP out of a 5.56.

After a couple of trips to the range, I was able to establish a 150 yard zero, hit 5" low at 200 yards, and hit a 12"W x 15"H steel gong near the center at 250 yards by holding over using the hashmarks on a Vortex Strike Eagle scope. I am liking it so far.
    I would be worried about over penetration and increased recoil. I prefer the 5.56 as a patrol rifle caliber. But I think this round shows promise for other applications.
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 09-18-20 at 04:55.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Until reading some of this thread- I knew/know nothing of this round..happened to see several boxes of it in a local Walmart recently and remembered thinking to investigate the round. They had several boxes yesterday.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Obviously not an AR, but the CVA Scout V2 Takedown in 350 Legend looks nice for hunting applications with a compact stock and 5/8-24 threaded 20" barrel.

Top it off with a robust 9mm subgun suppressor like the YHM R9 for big fun.

https://cva.com/wp-content/uploads/2...2020_03_11.pdf

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I got 350 barrel to try out back some time. Mounted and moved a LPO scope on it, shot a few magazines thought it. So any reloaders tried out .355 158 gn. HP or XTP bullet's in 350? Or anything else? Not like there is much available for trying out to reload with right now. All I have really done with it is just pick up boxes of Win. white box ammo so far. Another interesting hunting round for shorter range like we have East of Mississippi River now all out west probably don't have a need or use for it. Now in a law enforcement perspective, it should do fair job with vehicle glass, body or shutting down engine with solid copper or FMJ. Not a first though the door choice of mine for SRT/ SWAT, but it would add some options in just in case where more than 308 or 300 Win Mag. is just to much. A zeroed tested upper and few loaded magazines kept in trunk could be useful..a Deputy having to set at a roadblock after a situation and needing to stop a vehicle? Not very often but it's not like in military where your walking it around with it time knowing you are going to need a special tool that one time.
    Last edited by blade_68; 09-18-20 at 17:08.
    NRA Life Member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123