Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 350 LEGEND

Feedback Score
    Hi, have a 350 in a ar15, 16" barrel. Been working on loads, and maybe the power to use is cfe black. Cci 450 primers. I swag down 358 bullets to 356, to get spire point bullets with higher bc. This will extend your range. I have had 150 so going 2500 fps so far, and 180 going 2350fps. Round acts like it's very accurate so far out to 250 yards. The trick is to run heavier bullets to get higher bc, to get more range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    Is it true that some straight wall cartridge states won't allow it since it does use .355 diameter bullets instead of .357? I'd look at that if you intend on using it as a deer rifle. Fortunately for me, I don't live in one of those states so the above is hearsay.
    I believe all the states in question have accepted it as legal to hunt deer.

If it appears that I am promoting it, I am. It appears that there will be plenty of single shot, bolt action, and AR-15 style rifles/carbines/pistols for this round. Winchester, Hornady, and Federal are making several flavors of ammo. I would like it to succeed. Then again, I also like the 25-45 Sharps and the 300 BLK.

Feedback Score
    85 (100%)
    Any barrel recommendations that I should be looking at? Faxon, CMMG, etc?

Feedback Score
    Ordered the Ruger 556 350 Legend with a Leupold CDS scope. Should have this week, hit the range, report back end of next week.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 12.28.55 PM.jpg

Feedback Score
    Went to range today. It was beautiful. 72ºF. I was the only one there.

Tried to sight 350L with Leupold scope. Couldn't get it done. Bad scope rings. Scope wouldn't line up parallel to barrel, off only by a few degrees, hard to tell with naked eye. Ordered new rings. Will go back next week.

Recoil was fine. Shot very nicely. Had windage dial maxed out and still couldn't get to center because of scope angle. That's what tipped me off to bad scope angle. Tried remounted 3 times, got a little better, but not completely true. Junk rings.

Feedback Score
    Could be a spring in scope. Just got my 4.5x14x50 back from them. Works great now.

Feedback Score
    Received and installed second set of rings, went back to range to sight-in, first shot close to bull, no other shots on paper. Rear scope ring flopping around, stripped mount screw.

Ordered another set, received and installed. This set seems solid, lines up with laser, level, all screws good. Going back out to range next Wednesday when it's 63ºF. Been under 30ºF here for past 2 days.

Feedback Score
    Finally got back to range and sighted in. New scope rings are firmly mounted and worked out nice.

Only fired enough rounds to sight in at 100 yds and then hit steel at 200yds. Gun shoots nicely. Not any more recoil than 5.56.

Ordered Custom BDC Turret for Leupold scope, waiting on that to get here.

Been shooting Winchester white-box 350 Legend ammo. Shoots good for $8 a box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Plastic View Post
    I heard there were some variations in chamber specs or twist rates from different barrel makers that might cause problems, is this true?
    Personally, I think they (Wincheter cartridges) screwed up to get the boutique name association. The 357AR has been around a long time and does what the 350Legend does better.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I don't own an AR in .350 Legend, but I did buy a Ruger American Ranch chambered for it. I mainly intend to use it for suppressed plinking. I had been in search of a round that I could load subs for cheaply, but still shoot supers through my can if I wanted to.

The can is a Rugged Obsidian .45. .300 BO seemed promising, but the can is rated for subs only. When I saw that the obsidian was rated for supersonic .350 I started looking into the cartridge. Using 9mm bullets makes reloading very economical.

My first test was with 147 grain xtp, but I have some cast 150's on the way.

Cost per round should be around .15 cents.

The round cant possibly cycle an AR, but it's incredibly quiet and fun to shoot. I know it's not even as powerful as 9mm, but that simply was not a consideration. My main goal was to find a round that would be cheap to load and use common components that I could fire in a bolt action host.

The load is 5.3 grains of trailboss, this was the starting load I arrived at using the formula provided by Hodgdon. Here's a video:

That low pitched sound is the echo from the metal dividers and walls. It's incredibly quiet out in the open.

I know that this is a bit of a niche use case, but so far I'm happy with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast