Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR zeroing

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

RMR zeroing

I recently put an RMR on my glock 17

Got it zero’d to the best of my ability and it’s working great. After zero’ing the optic, if i line up my iron sights my red dot is almost nowhere to be found. Fairly far down and to the left.

Obviously I know this could be shooter error, but if we rule that out - is there a concern with this mismatch?

Thank you!

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not uncommon but it’s likely your fundamentals causing it.

Feedback Score
    No concern. They are different sight systems and should be zeroed independently.

Check out sage Dynamics on YouTube. He had a vid on this

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    I recently put an RMR on my glock 17

Got it zero’d to the best of my ability and it’s working great. After zero’ing the optic, if i line up my iron sights my red dot is almost nowhere to be found. Fairly far down and to the left.

Obviously I know this could be shooter error, but if we rule that out - is there a concern with this mismatch?

Thank you!

Derek

What sights do you have?

1. What kind of 25 yd groups are you getting?
    2. Could be you, but if you are consistent, I would not worry about it.

I use stock sights, but lining up irons(front sight high) and dropping the front down brings the dot on top (with practical accuracy) of the front sight.

Feedback Score
    I have several RDS-equipped handguns. Two SIG P226's with RMRs and an HK VP9 w/RMR, all custom cut by the same shop. I also have two S&W M&Ps (1, 4.25" & 1, 5") with Leupold Deltapoints (one Gen1, one Gen2) with CORE slides.

All were zeroed without the RDS to confirm the iron-sight zero, then the RDS was installed and zeroed.

All have "suppressor"-height sights and the SIGS and HK co-witness with the dot centered atop the front sight post. The M&Ps co-witness at the top of the front sight post, but one is toward the right- and the other is toward the left-side of the post.

MJN1957

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    No concern. They are different sight systems and should be zeroed independently.

This. All day.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have one pistol with an RMR mounted. Glock 34 mos. I installed suppressor sights and the RMR.

I adjusted the RMR so that the dot was sitting on the front sight.

Shot the “test” (10 rounds, 10 yards’ 10 seconds “

Made a couple windage adjustments and I’m dialed in.

I’ve made hits on steel at 110 yards with no further adjustments.

This method worked for me. That’s all I can say. 10 yards seems to be the sweet spot zero point.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post

I’d agree, they should be zeroed independently. I’m also concerned that most do not zero pistol irons.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i have three RMR'd pistols - Sig P320 and two G17s. All have suppressor sights. The following has worked for me and has allowed me to sight in in less than 10 minutes for each pistol. Dot is aligned with top of front sight post - the way I like it. Others don't - YMMV.

Adjust your irons - which usually means drift as needed. (have never needed to adjust height so far). Install RMR and adjust dot to be on top of front sight post. Shoot to confirm dot is co-witnessed with irons. Turn off RMR and confirm irons are OK through optic (don't know why I do this - but I do.:) Turn optic back on and confirm POA = POI with it. Done.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I’d agree, they should be zeroed independently. I’m also concerned that most do not zero pistol irons.

I’ll be honest. I never considered it until I put an RMR on a gun and realized irons and dot impacted at different places. Range lane learning Allan ensued and I now do that as the very first thing with any new gun/sight combo.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast