Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new Dan Wesson

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    They should have made it work for the CZ 75 magazines that the world had so many of at half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    The P10 mags hold more ammo, I’ll take those.
    Because they are longer. You can get 75 mags that hold 19 as well. Or even 23.

That was my thought also,,I don't know much about the P-09 & F mags other than that they are longer,but like stated there are tons of CZ 75 mags out there for "cheap" Mec-gar can be had for under $20 bucks NEW,pretty hard to beat that. Anyways mags aside,this appears to be a good entry into the Competition/Carry market and lord knows me need more guns ! We always need more guns,LOL

Feedback Score
    My biggest concern is COAL is limited by either. This may limit the ability to shoot 9mm major competition loads.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Be interesting to see if they have an optics-ready model at launch.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    My biggest concern is COAL is limited by either. This may limit the ability to shoot 9mm major competition loads.

Are there any governing bodies for competitive shooting that allow 9x19 major loads anymore aside from open division race guns in IPSC?

Feedback Score
    Are there any governing bodies for competitive shooting that allow 9x19 major loads anymore aside from open division race guns in IPSC?
    USPSA which is kissing cousins. Which is honestly the only one relevant anymore. CZ tends to have their pulse on USPSA/IPSC but they missed the mark with the Shadow 2 Optics ready being too heavy for carry optics in the US and now this new gun may not work so well for 9 major because of mag length. The Shadow 2 was literally designed to max our USPSA’s production division rules. The Czechmate package is a perfect limited and open gun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    I'm not sure what box this ticks for me. I'd rather it be a steel framed P-09 that was optics ready, with improved controls. The hammer fired P-series have proven themselves to be incredibly accurate, and this offering should capitalize on that. Between the DWX and the CZ Custom AO1 pistols, they're both very close to my ideal handgun. Nice that they share the same mags.

Initial impression is that I prefer the DWX for MSRP and features. I am curious how easy they will be for the end-user to work on. Will wait for more information.
    I'm the opposite I guess. If it was the polymer P-09 frame with 1911 slide, fcg and controls, it would be perfect.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    USPSA which is kissing cousins. Which is honestly the only one relevant anymore. CZ tends to have their pulse on USPSA/IPSC but they missed the mark with the Shadow 2 Optics ready being too heavy for carry optics in the US and now this new gun may not work so well for 9 major because of mag length. The Shadow 2 was literally designed to max our USPSA’s production division rules. The Czechmate package is a perfect limited and open gun.

I'm just asking cuz I don't know but wouldn't/couldn't you just use the 40S&W Model offered instead of worrying about 9mm Major? I only shoot a couple of USPSA matches a year and it seems like most guys running Open/Major are running 40 cal. I hear ya on the Shadow 2,the thing is a tank,,great gun and I do own one but yea they should of figured out a way so you could run a optic and still be good with weight. Now Primary Machine offers a package for the slide/optic work but your looking at $400 bucks for it,awesome work but not everyone wants to spend that. Anyways,the DW looks like it could find a nitch,,only time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I'm just asking cuz I don't know but wouldn't/couldn't you just use the 40S&W Model offered instead of worrying about 9mm Major? I only shoot a couple of USPSA matches a year and it seems like most guys running Open/Major are running 40 cal. I hear ya on the Shadow 2,the thing is a tank,,great gun and I do own one but yea they should of figured out a way so you could run a optic and still be good with weight. Now Primary Machine offers a package for the slide/optic work but your looking at $400 bucks for it,awesome work but not everyone wants to spend that. Anyways,the DW looks like it could find a nitch,,only time will tell.
    They built the optics ready version of the shadow to comply with IPSC before the rules were done for uspsa I suppose. I don’t know for sure. But it’s legal elsewhere.

On 9mm major, that seems to be what most all the local guys are running and at every match. I only see .40 in limited. I think 9 major would rule there as well if the rules allowed for it. I think the capacity is a draw for many and I can’t say for sure but seems like there is less recoil with the comps in 9mm.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    They built the optics ready version of the shadow to comply with IPSC before the rules were done for uspsa I suppose. I don’t know for sure. But it’s legal elsewhere.

On 9mm major, that seems to be what most all the local guys are running and at every match. I only see .40 in limited. I think 9 major would rule there as well if the rules allowed for it. I think the capacity is a draw for many and I can’t say for sure but seems like there is less recoil with the comps in 9mm.

OK, thanks. I'm bad, my buddy calls me every weekend for a match and I seem to always have "something" else going on! I could do a Match every weekend if I wanted, sometimes both Sat & Sunday, just don't make the time. I don't see many IPSC matches around these parts, mostly USPSA,IDPA is kinda dead around here. This would be a good gun for IDPA though,with the weight & 9mm.As cool as this gun is I probably will never buy one,I have plenty of CZs in all configurations & have a Glock or 2, plus I really don't compete "enough" to warrent the expence of this pistol,like I say I have a Shadow 2 already & never use it except for range fun and goofing around. Hell I shot a USPSA match last Sunday and used my CZ-07 with the RMR on it,LOL so not much use for the new DW other than cool factor for me.

Feedback Score
    Yeah IPSC really doesn’t exist in the US. I had an RMR waiting for my P07 but I had to sell it and my P09. I was up to like six CZ pistols now I’m down to two Shadow 2s.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast