Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RMR or SRO...... for a competition handgun ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

RMR or SRO...... for a competition handgun ?

What is your favorite RDS for your handgun? Im putting a SRO on my Legion X5 for competition. I shot my Sig P320 compact with their standard RDS Romeo and did OK. So Im taking the full plunge on RDS with hand gunning.

What says you mi amigos?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    For competition go SRO all day long. I don't have one (SRO) but have a RMR on my CZ-07 and really like it but its smaller screen versus the SRO will make it harder I'm sure. Don't be afraid to check out the Holosun 507,,I have one but have not installed it yet,it has a bigger lens than the RMR also but not sure if its the same/bigger/smaller than the SRO.
    https://holosun.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=61

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I own 4 RMRs and recently picked up an SRO. I was really surprised how much faster and natural the SRO presented over the RMR. SRO is now on the game pistol and RMRs still reside on my work blasters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Would that fit on there? I thought the X5 was only cut for a DPP or Romeo.

Feedback Score
    I’m running an SRO on my X5 Legion. Love it. It’s hard to miss and FAST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    I own 4 RMRs and recently picked up an SRO. I was really surprised how much faster and natural the SRO presented over the RMR. SRO is now on the game pistol and RMRs still reside on my work blasters.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I’m running an SRO on my X5 Legion. Love it. It’s hard to miss and FAST.

Yea that sounds right, the RMR is Duty rated, the SRO is NOT, its clearly made for competition! Isllc did you have the X5 machined so the SRO would work? The good thing is the RMR/SRO takes the same footprint! Kinda funny in the beginning,,plus great review! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjgOq60vFE

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Would that fit on there? I thought the X5 was only cut for a DPP or Romeo.
    You need this https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...unt-SP0245.htm.

I know that the question was about competition, in which case it is a no-brainer (Trijicon's share of optics used in CO Nationals before SRO release was a whopping 3%), but one of my SROs is sitting on my carry G19. I know, Cowan said it wasn't duty rated so I'll probably die in the streets. My second, competition, SRO just passed 2000 round mark without issues. My buddy feels that SRO auto adjust doesn't work as well as RMR, even though the guts are apparently the same, but I don't run mine on auto.

@PB: FWIW, three of my gaming buds have already moved from SRO to Romeo3Max. They feel it is a better optic for gaming. Mine is coming next week; we'll see what it does. Since you've not bought your SRO yet, maybe consider this other option.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-25-19 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Yea that sounds right, the RMR is Duty rated, the SRO is NOT, its clearly made for competition! Isllc did you have the X5 machined so the SRO would work? The good thing is the RMR/SRO takes the same footprint! Kinda funny in the beginning,,plus great review! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjgOq60vFE

No. I have the Bobro M17 adapter plate. I’d includes a rear iron sight machined into the plate. I’m weird like that.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    RM-06 on my defensive Handgun, which is a G19

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For competition I would go SRO all day long because of the larger window. You most likely won't have to worry about the less durability aspect.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast