Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RMR or SRO...... for a competition handgun ?

Feedback Score
    I carry an RMR and considered using it while shooting USPSA, given I am pretty fast with it and have no issues finding the dot on the draw (or through recoil) after a *bazilllion* presentations; but the SRO is like going from a 32" TV to a 60" TV...incredible views from all angles.

I think the 3.25MOA of the RMR is perfect...didn't want to go larger to the 5MOA, but the SRO next smaller size is 2.5MOA (I think)...didn't want to go smaller than the RMR, so went with the 5MOA...no regrets.

I just sent off another slide (G45) to get milled for another 5MOA.

Hopefully they will 'ruggedize' the SROs down the road and it could rival the RMR as the best carry optic out there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceventura View Post
    What moa for the SRO is recommended for competition? I shoot mainly IDPA
    If you put them side to side, you'll see only very subtle difference. However, 5 pops bigger and brighter on max, and that to me gives an advantage in a very bright light and against non-contrast targets. I am also a guy who runs DPP on one setting only - max, so that may be my personal thing. That said, two shooting buddies have sold their 2.5s and got 5s instead.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-26-19 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SRO for competition for sure. The window size makes it easy to pick up. I did Sage Dynamics class with one but am going back to RMR for work stuff.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have a Holosun 507c but have not mounted it yet but it looks like there is a new model out, kinda the same thing only different,, titanium housing so it should be tougher. Decent review from Aaron C for what its worth. The screen/lens is bigger than the RMR for sure but maybe not as big as the SRO,but for a couple hundred bucks less it could be worth it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0O6eI5rZU

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I have a Holosun 507c but have not mounted it yet but it looks like there is a new model out, kinda the same thing only different,, titanium housing so it should be tougher. Decent review from Aaron C for what its worth. The screen/lens is bigger than the RMR for sure but maybe not as big as the SRO,but for a couple hundred bucks less it could be worth it.
    Not sure about the new model, but I found the front lens on the 507 to scratch too easily. I have a large gouge on one of mine from where a case bounced off the front lens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure about the new model, but I found the front lens on the 507 to scratch too easily. I have a large gouge on one of mine from where a case bounced off the front lens.
    Fwiw, with the sun at steep angles, holosun users have complained about washout when it never crossed my mind (rmr user here).

Only happened on 2 occasions with 3 shooters total, but it SEEMS the trijicon coatings/lenses are better for these situations

Ive actually never had the dot wash out in natural lighting in auto mode.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-30-19 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Steve Fisher speaks highly of the Holosun pistol optics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123