Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground: 7 in 10 say US ‘on the edge of civil war’

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Battleground: 7 in 10 say US ‘on the edge of civil war’

Thought about posting in the CW II page but this is not about how it starts just that a majority see it coming.

"While it found that 87% are frustrated with the rudeness in politics today, it also revealed that the public really isn’t interested in traditional compromise. For example, a nearly equal 84% said that they are “tired of leaders compromising [their] values and ideals.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...e-of-civil-war

Ace also has a good read on this, you have to scroll down to find it:

http://ace.mu.nu/

"NeverTrump is pretty sure that the left is quite sensible, really, when you get past their bluster, rather like that misunderstood fellow in Berlin, Mr. Hitler.

As the Veteran said of the Humungous, "The left are reasonable men. They can be bargained with."

Spoiler alert: The Humungous is not reasonable and cannot be bargained with.

So they don't know what time it is.

The time is close enough to midnight that we're well past the Twitter drama, political trivia, and effeminate lady-times bullshit they're always wetting themselves over.

This isn't a war for Syria or Kurdistan or the other places they want to send other people to fight for; this is a war for America.

You know my biggest reason for departing from the Neocon war adventurism model?

What ****ing sense does it make security freedom in some other country when it is currently under deadly assault here, and most of our supposed leaders are busy babbling babytalk and telling us everything is swell and going according to plan?

Sorry, I'm going to need to shore up the homeland defenses before supporting another foreign adventure. Is that too inconvenient for you guys?

What a lot of us see is an unrestrainedly aggressive and violent and expansionist left -- a growing American Soviet -- and a political "leadership" class whose first, second, and last instinct is figure out a way to appease the left's aggression and learn to live with their increasing number of Jim Crow laws.

They always seem to be trying to figure out how they can accommodate themselves with the left's increasingly totalitarian ambitions, and how they can position themselves to do well under such a system.

They do not seem to spend much time actually opposing it, nor to thinking of how other Americans, perhaps not so comfortable with urban liberalism as they themselves are, will fare under the Brave New World the left is imposing."
    Last edited by mack7.62; 10-24-19 at 16:29.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I just dont see it like it was in 1865. You MIGHT see some small, localized stuff that will be easy for local LEO's to put down.
    Until 401k's start getting raided, no one will give up their comforts. You start raiding peoples money, I think people stop sitting on the fence. Even with that, people get hit for every dollar made and dont put up much of a fight.
    Last edited by armtx77; 10-24-19 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    What ****ing sense does it make security freedom in some other country when it is currently under deadly assault here, and most of our supposed leaders are busy babbling babytalk and telling us everything is swell and going according to plan?
    But "trust the plan" dude!!! Dude! Has anyone correlated Q Drops with marijuana legalization? Dude?

@armtx77, I'm not huge on memorizing dates, but you might want to look up when the CW / Great War of Northern Aggression / whatever started. Not 1865. 1865 would be Lincoln's assassination.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    I just dont see it like it was in 1865. You MIGHT see some small, localized stuff that will be easy for local LEO's to put down.
    Until 401k's start getting raided, no one will give up their comforts. You start raiding peoples money, I think people stop sitting on the fence. Even with that, people get hit for every dollar made and dont put up much of a fight.
    I have a more than decent amount of knowledge, interest & information about the Civil War.
    You are correct, things now are NOT like it was when the war began {12April61}...THEY ARE MANY TIMES WORSE.
    In almost ANY measurable way, we are far past the seriousness of issues that caused the CW.
    The recent attacks by democrat candidates on Christianity are un-paralleled. Statements like "HELL YES weare gonna take your guns away"....court cases like TODAYS where a jury actually told a father he had to go along with his ex wifes "transitioning" their young son from male to female and the he HAD to address his own son by the girl name his mother gave him. There are THOUSANDS more examples. Democrats in the House holding SECRET impeachment hearings.
    The American media TOTALLY corrupt & utterly unbelievable. Illegals flooding the country..and voting. Vote fraud. Colleges almost completely commie indoctrination centers now. Evil is good...and good is evil. The most perverted trying to force their agendas of murdering babies..EVEN BORN ONES NOW..of trans this & that...100 plus "genders"...men in bathrooms with little girls...pedophiles demanding "rights"..millennials who are so f-ing stupid you cant have a semi intelligent conversation with them, and they most all want to re-write history.
    Yes, you are correct sir... we arent like the start of the Civil War...we've surpassed it for years now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Angry

I only wish the battle lines were as clear as they were in 1861. Damn libtards are like stinkbugs - they're EVERYWHERE.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I only wish the battle lines were as clear as they were in 1861. Damn libtards are like stinkbugs - they're EVERYWHERE.
    But so are we. That is the fly in their ointment. To expound a bit, red states have blue areas. Blue states have red areas. It basically breaks down into rural vs urban. Rural areas are almost always more conservative while urban areas are always more liberal. C'est la vie.

Pretty sure those in that Washington Examiner poll have very little idea of what true civil war is. Not sure we're quite there yet, but keep your powder dry gents.....
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-24-19 at 18:50.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The battle lines are and have been very clear for a very long time, Americans are immoral deviants and what shocks and disgusts me barely registers
    mild disapproval with them.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Everyone that’s wishes for it is a fool. I’ve been in one and. I’m here to tell you, a civil war here will make Sierra Leone pale in comparison. That said, I don’t see anymore opportunities to avoid it. We are too far down the path. We had a chance, BEFORE Obama got elected and “fundamentally transformed the country”. He succeeded. Hell, Kruschev succeeded when he told Kennedy we would be broken from within. The hippies were a KGB OPLAN and they became media, education and government bureaucracy and now we are paying the cost of not stomping those ****ers out root and branch back in the ‘60s. This will be bad. But it has to be finished, one side or the other winning completely or it will drag on for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Cuts down on the travel....who wants to commute to civil war...

Just kidding..

Kind of, but not really, in that IF and that, as you can see is a BIG IF, something were to happen, you are talking about a French Revolution (which was really a civil war), not a state by state one front line. To quote RATM, the front lines are everywhere...

With the POTUS chair being the one that would wield the state power, but that is a musical chair every four years, you had better hope that your guy is pulling the strings...

Still think that it is an extremely low probability thing in the next 20 years. We might get some 60s styles Red Raider type action, but the left isn't going to start anything unless they are in power. And when they are in power, they will only trip that flare by mistake. There is too much money to be had at the reigns to screw it up. They might kick over a Bundy every once in awhile and stir stuff up, but they will be more than happy to virtue signal and marginalize their opponents and wait for demographics to make their job easier and easier.

The real poll is how many people think that they will fight in a civil war.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It has been much much worse, after WW1 for example. My wife insists there will be a Civil or race war in our lifetimes. I'm 51 and am positive she is wrong.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-24-19 at 19:05.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast