Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground: 7 in 10 say US ‘on the edge of civil war’

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    It's just Uni seems to be fixated on them as the boogey man.
    Just the ones that donate to conservative campaigns.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Expansion occurred because there was no competition.
    A good point, I hadn't considered that.

My numbers show half of Americans pay no taxes. One percent pay about a third, nine percent about a third, and 40 percent about a third.
    I'm sure you are talking about income taxes, because everyone has deductions for social security and medicare coming out of their paychecks.

According to the Tax Policy Center, 44% of Americans won't have any Federal Income Tax liability, so we'll call it 50%

I guess that is what you meant by the statement I asked about:

Fifty percent of the population is consuming resources without paying for anything. In terms of citizens.
    If you are referring to welfare recipients, most of them have jobs, so if you look at it from another perspective, our tax dollars are subsidizing companies that don't pay their workers enough to get off assistance.

A government needs a source of income other than taxing its citizens.
    So what should we do, nationalize the oil industry?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    So what should we do, nationalize the oil industry?
    Tax the media $10 every time they lie or slant a story.

The national debt would be wiped out in about three weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Long overdue..

Antifa/Extinction Rebellion protester tries to block a street and then starts vandalizing a man's SUV.

The man loses it and it doesn't end well for the protester.

Check out the video:

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...ainful-lesson/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best thing I've seen all day.

Feedback Score
    Oh my ! On verge of civil war...seriously ? I have not read most of the posts noted but can can only believe/hope/pray that an actual civil war NEVER occurs in this nation. I highly doubt that it ever will. One, the country is far too expansive for it to take effect. Rioting in Seattle does not affect the locals in Omaha or Biloxi. Clashes between group x and y in Kansas do not interfere in the home life of folks in Vermont. People (sane ones at least) do not want armed conflict in their neighborhoods. Individuals basically wish to go to work, come home, have a nice meal, get to the dentist on time, see little Timmy play soccer, go to the beach, take a ski break, go for walk, read a book, buy a new motorcycle, have a coffee, get their colonoscopies done, have their injury tended to at the local ER, etc, whatever. Mostly just live and enjoy their lives, rinse and repeat. Is the country divided? Definitely. My Christian brethren have nothing in common with the antifa thugs, my orthodox jewish friends have nothing in common with the liberal jews in New York, and so forth. Will it lead to a massive exchange of gunfire between assorted factions/groups across the country...no.
    Major national division does exist, will it lead to a balkanization of the USA either through confrontation of passive dissolution .... that is anyones guess. Hopefully the union will remain intact.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Long overdue..

Antifa/Extinction Rebellion protester tries to block a street and then starts vandalizing a man's SUV.

The man loses it and it doesn't end well for the protester.

Check out the video:

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...ainful-lesson/
    Thanks for cheering me up on this rainy Saturday.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Oh my ! On verge of civil war...seriously ? I have not read most of the posts noted but can can only believe/hope/pray that an actual civil war NEVER occurs in this nation. I highly doubt that it ever will. One, the country is far too expansive for it to take effect. Rioting in Seattle does not affect the locals in Omaha or Biloxi. Clashes between group x and y in Kansas do not interfere in the home life of folks in Vermont. People (sane ones at least) do not want armed conflict in their neighborhoods. Individuals basically wish to go to work, come home, have a nice meal, get to the dentist on time, see little Timmy play soccer, go to the beach, take a ski break, go for walk, read a book, buy a new motorcycle, have a coffee, get their colonoscopies done, have their injury tended to at the local ER, etc, whatever. Mostly just live and enjoy their lives, rinse and repeat. Is the country divided? Definitely. My Christian brethren have nothing in common with the antifa thugs, my orthodox jewish friends have nothing in common with the liberal jews in New York, and so forth. Will it lead to a massive exchange of gunfire between assorted factions/groups across the country...no.
    Major national division does exist, will it lead to a balkanization of the USA either through confrontation of passive dissolution .... that is anyones guess. Hopefully the union will remain intact.
    Very good points, and pretty much how I feel. The Balkanization thing is much more likely (and even then not very likely) than a "civil war".

There are some things which can increase the likelihood of or speed up the downward spiral though. Since this is a firearm-based website, I'll state the obvious.....a national ban on guns for instance would not be good. Would it result in outright warfare? Not likely, but bombings, assassinations, and other unseemly mayhem would result. Outspoken voices would be violently silenced, families wouldn't be safe, and the general mood would be one of betrayal and revenge. Remember, one side would be demanding the imprisonment or death of those who refused to obey such laws, and of course the other side would be pushing back violently but certainly not openly. Given the general disregard for the rule of law in this country nowadays, mass non-compliance would be rampant. Then that would inevitably lead to Balkanization as regions refused to enforce those laws and sought to separate themselves from the overreaching behemoth.

Now, it doesn't have to be about guns per se, but it is one of the most likely catalysts to the disintegration of America as we now know it. There are probably a few other things that could precipitate such a downfall, but no matter what it was guns would be an essential element to [forcibly] remove such instruments so "order" could be maintained.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Very good points, and pretty much how I feel. The Balkanization thing is much more likely (and even then not very likely) than a "civil war".
    The problem with Balkanization is the fact the central government loses power. Think about it this way...

If Texas for instance was to secede, how much of an impact would it have on the Federal government? Think about how much economic impacts it has, how many military bases/hardware it has, natural resources, food production etc it provides to the Republic.

Now take that away and watch politicians scream for invasion, war and all sorts of nonsense.

Balkanization only works where there is a complete collapse in the central government.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    The problem with Balkanization is the fact the central government loses power. Think about it this way...

If Texas for instance was to secede, how much of an impact would it have on the Federal government? Think about how much economic impacts it has, how many military bases/hardware it has, natural resources, food production etc it provides to the Republic.

Now take that away and watch politicians scream for invasion, war and all sorts of nonsense.

Balkanization only works where there is a complete collapse in the central government.
    Or enough states/regions involved that total control is near impossible. This isn't 1861. These are different times. There isn't a neat Mason-Dixon line and the abomination of slavery (and the subsequent righteous smiting thereof) wouldn't be an issue. These days the attitude would more than likely be "Let them go then, I'm not sending my kids to die in Texas".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast