Thread: Concept for Anti Cant Device

Feedback Score

Concept for Anti Cant Device

Was Playing around with various anti cant devices, I currently have one mounted on my rail(bubble) and another one on the scope body (accuracy 1st)

Just trying to decide which works better for me. I realized with either one I have to either open my non dominate eye or raise my head, momentarily losing sight picture.

I'm just a nobody who's experimenting in the long distance aspect of shooting.

My question, Does anyone manufacture an anti cant device that, Pressure fit or one that screws inside the Ocular housing of a scope?

Perceived advantages,

1 No need break cheek weld no lose of sight picture.
    2 Use of the Scope Verticle stadia line to determine rifle is Plumb/level
    As the anti cant device wether a ceramic sphere which would go to the lowest point or air bubble rises to highest point.
    this would infer the ocular housing is perfectly round and the stadia lines are correctly positioned

Disadvantages
    1 Distraction in sight picture either at the 12 or 6 oclock position

The attach photo is a just a 4.5mm black sphere by Boca bearing sitting in the ocular housing, its a bit on the large size
    I've also experimenting with a 2mm white sphere as the stadia lines are black for more contrast.
    In either case the sphere or bubble would be inside a sealed Micro "tube" along the outer edges of the ocular

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've never seen a product like the one you seek. Would you leave this leveling device on the scope full-time?

For me, I want to ensure the mounting is done properly, then forget it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, as it would be basically inside the ocular ring but outside the actual lens it would be shielded from most possible damage.

Nothing would protrude from the scope body or off the rail system.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you can make it work, I think there'd be some interest in the precision market. However, there are a few issues to work through:
    -how would it mount? I'm not sure if all ocular lenses have threading, though some might, and of those that do, is there a standard threading?
    -if threaded, what ocular width? Would this product be specific to a certain diameter lense? If so, then you'd need multiple models, vs a pic rail mounted option. If it's universal, then you have to find a way to level the rifle, then level the optic, then install the bubble.
    -how does this affect the eye focusing through the scope, and if some scopes adjust zoom by rotating the entire ocular bell, then what?
    -From a practicality standpoint, I'm torn. This could be useful, but f time isn't a high factor, then I can come off scope and use a rail or scope-exterior level. If time is a factor, I can index my crosshairs off a known vertical object in view. By the looks of this product, I'd have to be almost off scope to read it anyways.

Not saying it can't work (my bow sight has an easy to see level), but here are some considerations.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    If you can make it work, I think there'd be some interest in the precision market. However, there are a few issues to work through:
    -how would it mount? Press IN I'm not sure if all ocular lenses have threading, though some might, and of those that do, is there a standard threading?
    -if threaded, what ocular width? Would this product be specific to a certain diameter lense? If so, then you'd need multiple models, vs a pic rail mounted option. If it's universal, then you have to find a way to level the rifle, then level the optic, (the rifle & optic have to level in in the first place) then install the bubble. (The bubble or ceramic sphere simply go to the highest or lowest point)
    -how does this affect the eye focusing through the scope, and if some scopes adjust zoom by rotating the entire ocular bell, then what?
    -From a practicality standpoint, I'm torn. This could be useful, but f time isn't a high factor, then I can come off scope and use a rail or scope-exterior level. If time is a factor, I can index my crosshairs off a known vertical object in view. By the looks of this product( not a product just an idea), I'd have to be almost off scope to read it (no you wouldn't to "Read it" You would use the existing scope cross hairs to bisect the bubble or ceramic sphere. coming off the scope is what i'm trying to prevent )anyways.

Not saying it can't work (my bow sight has an easy to see level), but here are some considerations.
    Anyhow it's just a random idea,