Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR suppressors?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger442 View Post
    Ive used 30 cal cans on ARs before but none of them do as well as a 556 can made and dedicated for the AR.
    I like over-bored suppressors on .223 way more. Even in bolt gun. Pappabear runs a 30 call can on his .223 Rem 700, and it's perfect.

The larger the bore, the less gas usually... and less port snap most of the time.

I do love the KAC 5.56 cans though... other than that, I don't think I'd buy another 5.56 can...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    My experience only goes back about a year, but I bought one .30 cal can and several threaded muzzle brakes for the different .308/5.56 rifles thinking I would switch it back and forth at the range. It turns out that most range trips have been for one purpose and there was no need to switch between rifles.

If money is not tight, then get as many specific can/rifle combinations as you want/can afford so each caliber has the best can designed specifically for that round / length / balance / configuration, etc. I found the weight / length / balance / handling issues more important than the sound reduction.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Several weeks ago I got my OSS HX-QD 762 Ti and I will be running it on my Colt 6933 along with a Smith Ent. M21 and a 6.5 CM Hunting Rifle.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Lots of good suppressor discussion in this thread below.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-info-opinions

Quote Originally Posted by marucusu View Post
    Hi folks,

Couple questions:

1. Will a 6.5 Creedmore suppressor work on 5.56 effectively?

2. Thoughts on screw/quick attach suppressor vs integrated?

Appreciate your thoughts!
    M
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want a do it all suppressor I'd get a 7.62... you can shoot just about anything through it at that point. For a single suppressor solution I think the Surefire 7.62 mini is bar non the best option on the market. Their mounting system is one of the best, low blow back (with the exception of the 300 sps) and the mounts are not suppressor caliber specific... I.E. you can put a 7.62 can on a 5.56 muzzle device.

Feedback Score
    A consideration if you go direct/screw on, is that different caliber suppressors may have different threads. The DA .308 suppressor may not screw on to the 5.56 threads.

Feedback Score
    This is an excellent point. If looking to use a QD type mount, make sure you can get the mount in both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24. Or whatever fits your muzzle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another vote for Sandman with the key mount. I have the L.

Same thought pattern was followed for pistols as I purchased the G45 so it could be used on 45, 10mm, 9mm.

I really like the brake that the Sandman comes with when shooting unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    If you want a do it all suppressor I'd get a 7.62... you can shoot just about anything through it at that point. For a single suppressor solution I think the Surefire 7.62 mini is bar non the best option on the market. Their mounting system is one of the best, low blow back (with the exception of the 300 sps) and the mounts are not suppressor caliber specific... I.E. you can put a 7.62 can on a 5.56 muzzle device.
    I thought the 7.62 mini wasn’t for use with 5.56 due to the design?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I thought the 7.62 mini wasn’t for use with 5.56 due to the design?
    Lol wut? Where the hell did you hear that? That makes no sense at all. The 7.62 mini is literally a 5.56 full size with a bigger hole drilled in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast