Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol Hi Power Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Karl Sokol Hi Power Build

Back about five months ago I sent a used pistol to Karl Sokol of Chestnut Mountain Sports. I asked him to complete his $750 Hi Power package with a few additions. The 1st special request was to blue the gun rather than paint it. The other option I wanted was to have an extended safety fabricated as opposed to buying something like the C&S extended safety.

The pistol came back to me yesterday and I wanted to share these pics. Overall, I am pleased with the gun. The work is nice and clean. No frills but rather sensible and practical mods that should yield a pistol suitable for general carry, IDPA, plinking, etc. The trigger is crisp and smooth and measures just a bit over six pounds. Not shocking since we're still running factory FN trigger springs.

I haven't shot the pistol since getting it back but will update as soon as I have some feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my thread. Have a good weekend!

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-25-19 at 16:41.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nice. I snagged a 2" Model 64 a few weeks ago, Karl had modified it. I got it used for a thief's price.

I'll have to send ya some pics.

Feedback Score
    Very nice! That’s how I shaped the hammer spur on my old Argentine, and it never bit me at all.

Spegel stocks?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post

Spegel stocks?
    Navidrex from Brownell's.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice, the hammer is almost like Clark's Meltdown.

Is the front a gold bead?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Nice, the hammer is almost like Clark's Meltdown.

Is the front a gold bead?
    Yes. Gold bead front and black rear.

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-25-19 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    A beautiful pistol built for serious work. Well done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With leather from Privateer Leather out of Utah.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Man, that is a beautiful HP....the more I see of them, the more it compels me to pick one up. You have an excellently executed piece!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Feedback Score
    Sweet looking HP.I have one I need to get some work done on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast