Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best standard safety selector

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been using the BAD's for many years. I use the standard and thin on the opposite side as it allows the safety to rotate without me having to rotate my hand out of the way. The last two rifles were Colts with thier ambi's and they're good as well.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    BCM, if they still make a single sided safety.

Andy
    All BCM parts are made by someone else to my knowledge. They sell quality BCM brand parts and rifles with a great warranty. Contacting their customer service needs improvement.......they aren’t the easiest or quickest ones to respond.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DD_USMC View Post
    All BCM parts are made by someone else to my knowledge. They sell quality BCM brand parts and rifles with a great warranty. Contacting their customer service needs improvement.......they aren’t the easiest or quickest ones to respond.
    We've had different experiences.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    i splurged and put Badger Ordnance on my Colt 6920 and my KAC - great feel with a proper snick when flipped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I remember reading a relevant tech post here long time ago. Basically check (or replace) your safety spring and detent, as well as your grip. Some grips have a spring hole drilled too deep which cause mushiness by not having enough pressure applied to the safety. I personally have witnessed some noticeable depth variance of 1.5-2mm (pretty bad) between different grips.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I pulled a safety, spring, and detent out of a bag of safety parts that felt mushy before and have an awesome, crisp safety with the receiver and grip I installed them in.
    Not directed toward either alx01 or Andy, I figure you guys know this:

As mentioned sometimes the depth of the spring hole varies from grip to grip.

Use a new spring as a measurement to ensure the hole in your pistol grip is proper depth by comparing a grip rthat provides good safety function with the suspect grip.

If it is too deep you can use a piece of solid plastic, or metal rod, cut to proper length as a spacer. Some folks say a q-tip works, I'd hesitate to use something as soft as a q-tip shaft.

Make sure the spacer is larger in diameter than the spring so the spring doesn't coil around it.

If the selector spring hole is too shallow, rather than shortening the spring by clipping, I would suggest making the hole deeper.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll add my support to checking detents, springs and grip hole depth. We've found that of the standard selectors, Colt selector switches consistantly have a solid, positive feel.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-27-19 at 07:29.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sionics.

The standard selector in their LPK's is very solid. As is the ambi. I only switched to Radian because I wanted the ambi reversible levers.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for your replies. With it being a new LPK I figured it wouldn’t be a spring issue but I’ll try swapping springs before buying anything new.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Best safety I have ever used and I am in the processes of swapping all of mine is the Badger Ordinance Condition 1.

Feedback Score
    SONS OF LIBERTY GUN WORKS - AR-15 BLASTER GUTS LOWER PARTS KITS, Used these kits in some resent builds, excellent quality mil-spec parts, believe these are manufactured by SCHMID TOOL, good stuff IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast