Thread: Velcro Strap Front Sling Mount?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Velcro Strap Front Sling Mount?

I'm looking for a way to attach a sling to a standard M4 handguard just ahead of the barrel nut. I recognize that I could make an attachment loop using paracord, but I'm intrigued by the Velcro straps with D rings I've seen on some Israeli and police carbines. Some searches online turned up two companies making them: IWEAPONS and Zahal.

I would like to know if this type of attachment point works well, and if there are any others companies that make them. Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    The Israeli sling mounts I saw were not velcro. They were sewn in. Velcro attachment for your belt may be OK I don't know but on a rifle sling it sounds totally unreliable to me. I have had enough trouble with sling attachments already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not Velcro but a possible solution

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....-mount-n-slot/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use several of the Zahal style velcro sling attachments. Never had one work loose, rotate or fail. It is best to thread the running end through the buckle as well as use the velcro.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eagle Industries 3 point slings for A1/A2 used velcro closed collars front and rear.