Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keymod going away?

Feedback Score

Keymod going away?

Is Keymod going away? I don't see much selling that way any longer.

Feedback Score
    The key-mod system may not be as prevalent as it once was, as it is not the new kid on the block. However I do not believe it will go the way of the dinosuar. It's existence will be similar to the quad rail handguard, still being made and used.
    Why is this so difficult?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still use Keymod....the BCM PKMR handguards to be specific, but I figure I'm already a relic for still having fixed FSBs on all my ARs anyway.
    I believe the comparitive tests by, Crane I think, showed M-Lok is just plain better. But I like the PKMRs and Keymod still works fine for attaching stuff like lights and VFGs, which is about all I hang off the front of my guns anyway.
    That being said if BCM decided to come out with an M-Lok version of the PKMRs I would probably eventually switch to those.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have some keymod stuff. I wont be selling it off, but im not buying more.

Feedback Score
    Hate me for saying it, but I like and appreciate keymod over mlok. The ease of installing accessories is a win for me and I've not had any issues with mounts coming loose being knocked off. I understand that mlok is naturally stronger however it is a pain to index and get set right and it never seems to remount without going throught the whole set up process again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhard View Post
    Hate me for saying it, but I like and appreciate keymod over mlok. The ease of installing accessories is a win for me and I've not had any issues with mounts coming loose being knocked off. I understand that mlok is naturally stronger however it is a pain to index and get set right and it never seems to remount without going throught the whole set up process again.
    I agree. I have zero use for Mlok. We had a pic rail section peel off a stock with the bi-pod mounted.

My Keymod stuff is mounted and never gets moved... so I'm not really concerned about the future of the system.

Anything new I get is all pic rail.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I agree and most keymod handguards are general lower in cost than the mlok.

Feedback Score
    I hate mlok. Once key mod is gone I’m going back to quad rails.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I haven't had any problems with my MLOK stuff yet. If you're afraid it isn't indexed right, it's really not hard to get a flashlight and verify the nut position to make sure it's rotated a full 90º and locked in.

KeyMod, while useful for some, feels like a cheese grater without covers and looks like hardware shelving. Those may be personal views, but they're real for me nevertheless.

MLOK and Pic rails FTW.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    I haven't had any problems with my MLOK stuff yet. If you're afraid it isn't indexed right, it's really not hard to get a flashlight and verify the nut position to make sure it's rotated a full 90º and locked in.
    That's what I had to do... and fight the thing to get it properly indexed. Much greater tragedies in the world, I'm sure. But still annoying.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast