Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keymod going away?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    How are y’all having so much difficulty mounting MLok accessories? I find it just as easy as KeyMod, and just as quick, if the VibraTite is pre-applied.
    I agree. MLOK has been just as easy from my experience.

Apply loctite, adjust the screw all the way down then back off just enough so the nut can be turned 90 degrees for tightening. If it's slightly loose trying to install, look inside the rail to verify the nut is 90 degrees to the mlok slot. Pull downward on the accessory to put pressure on the nut so it doesnt turn as you tighten the screw. Pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    When you take the M-LOK mount out of the package and attempt to install it, the backing plate is in the correct position the first time? Maybe you have some special ability to perfectly adjust the backing plate position, or trick to always get it to engage against the rail, but I don't.

After the plate doesn't engage the rail the first time, I remove the mount, get a 2nd tool to hold the plate while I adjust the bolt, then try again. Nope, the backing plate still won't engage the rail, so I remove the mount, pick up the tools, and adjust the bolt again, and sometimes yet again. Yep, not at all as simple as putting a KeyMod mount in place and tightening a bolt.
    See method below. Takes approximately one minute to do two bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I agree. MLOK has been just as easy from my experience.

Apply loctite, adjust the screw all the way down then back off just enough so the nut can be turned 90 degrees for tightening. If it's slightly loose trying to install, look inside the rail to verify the nut is 90 degrees to the mlok slot. Pull downward on the accessory to put pressure on the nut so it doesnt turn as you tighten the screw. Pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Yup. I put vibratite on it, tighten all the way with my fingers and back it off a half turn. Then I put it on the rail and tighten it with the allen key. Done.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    When you take the M-LOK mount out of the package and attempt to install it, the backing plate is in the correct position the first time? Maybe you have some special ability to perfectly adjust the backing plate position, or trick to always get it to engage against the rail, but I don't.

After the plate doesn't engage the rail the first time, I remove the mount, get a 2nd tool to hold the plate while I adjust the bolt, then try again. Nope, the backing plate still won't engage the rail, so I remove the mount, pick up the tools, and adjust the bolt again, and sometimes yet again. Yep, not at all as simple as putting a KeyMod mount in place and tightening a bolt.
    I have literally never had to do any of that to install an MLOK accessory. I don't know what to tell ya.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It reads like there is a lot of user error going on in this thread.

Personally I’ve found Mlok to be far easier to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'll be the dissenter, you couldn't give me keymod anything. My experience with it had been less than stellar. Mlok on the other hand has been nothing but positive and easier to use.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Kac discontinued keymod, you know what that means

Feedback Score
    I tried Keymod I really didn't like it at all. No matter how much I tightened the accessories and rails, they came loose, and not even with any live fire!

I'll stick with M-Lok or Picatinny.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like to keep stuff simple...I am sticking with picatinny rail...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It ain't rocket surgery...

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have both and haven’t had any mounting issues with either. I like Key-mod over Mlok for lighter weight and slimmer profile. I like Mlok over Key-mod for rigidity and toughness. I really prefer the CMR over both of them, though. I don’t see Key-mod as being dead to me, but there isn’t much demand and that’s what drives production.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast