Thread: Shortest 450 Bushmaster barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shortest 450 Bushmaster barrel?

Hi all, finally getting around to building a 450 Bushmaster upper for one of my SBRs, and wondering what the shortest barrel anyone here has used successfully. Ideal for me would be ~9”, but think I’ll lose too much velocity even for this upper’s intended purpose of hogs and deer under 100 yards...likely under 80 yards for most shots here in Texas hill country/brush.

Will only use this with my Bowers 458 vers can... damn near a foot long on its own.

Don’t want this to turn into a 450 vs 458 vs 50 Beowolf thread ... I shoot a lot of .45 ACP and reload/buy bullets in bulk so I’m set on this caliber for this particular upper.

Thanks in advance...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went with a 10.5 for my suppressed SBR. It’s a good length for powder burn and compactness. I’m using the bowers 50 cal van and it’s a beast both in knock down power and length. It’s also loud suppressed. I’m not going say the suppressor doesn’t help but you’re gonna want ear protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Copy, thanks for the input... I actually heard back from Corey at Trident Arms and decided to go with the 10.5” to get carbine-length gas, plus a couple bolts (primary and spare). Looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

Here’s the upper it’s going in btw:

Dremel to the rescue to make the ejection port wide enough for the much larger cartridge:

Can test fit inside the hand guard:

And back from Cerakote...did Sig Grey, but it’s more green than I remembered:

Looks kind of goofy against the sniper gray SBR’d lower I intend to pair this upper with:

Here’s the matching 12.5” 5.56mm upper:

...and 12.5” 300BLK:
    Attached Images Attached Images