Thread: Pacific Tool & Die oversized Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Pacific Tool & Die oversized Bolt

I have guns that are Customized Remmy builds with PTD bolts. However my favorite tactical build never got one because it was shooting sub moa so I never bothered even though I had purchased one for it.

Well Mark rolled up a couple boxes of ammo that were hot as hell and blew my extractor back into my bolt. My gunsmith was able to fix but it but in doing so he recognized my firing pin hits on the primers were off center and called me out. Why no PTD bolt.

So yesterday he fitted my new oversized bolt but has to get it blued on Monday. So I’m going to shoot groups this Sunday and next with the new bolt and see if it increases accuracy. In theory it should, but this Kreiger already shoots.

Range report to follow on next two Sundays.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-26-19 at 12:00.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You can also bush bolts as well. I’ve seen many that are bushes with an aftermarket pin.

Myself, by the time I tune up a Remington, just buy an aftermarket action or an AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    You can also bush bolts as well. I’ve seen many that are bushes with an aftermarket pin.
    Is Bush a manufacturer? Or a finish/process??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Is Bush a manufacturer? Or a finish/process??
    A service.

Here’s the first company off the top of my head:

https://www.gretanrifles.com/product...-hole-turn-pin

Basically it centered and eliminates slop.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post

Myself, by the time I tune up a Remington, just buy an aftermarket action or an AI.

I will never do Remmy build again. These rifles are all 5 to 8 years old. Back when Rem builds where the thing to do outside of spending big cash. I just know its going to be a while before I trash these guns and I do enjoy shooting them.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-28-19 at 10:21.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well well well, we took out a couple of 300's including the one that is getting a new bolt for next Sundays shoot. Its going to be difficult to improve because the gun shot .5 MOA with a couple different loads. We shot 225's and 208's and 230's. All shot sub moa and Mark shot 3 of the 208's into one hole. Then opened it up to sub half inch with next two rounds.

So the new bolt is going to be difficult be considered a upgrade, but we will see. I don't think I can shoot as good as the gun can shoot already.

PB