Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed Carry Handle ARs Now Considered As Vintage / Retro?

Feedback Score
    Just like mosin nagants used to be $50 and now they're through the roof. Stuff gets to be worth what the market is willing to pay.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Retro or not, the 6520 is one on my most favorite AR platforms. Having used blasters with all the bells and whistles in my professional life for years, during my personal time at the range its fixed carrying handles and iron sights. Its alarming in the military how many cant even use irons any longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    You can buy all the carry handle uppers you want right now without going through an FFL, the SN'd lower is another matter. To be considered an antique and exempt from ATF paper work requirements a firearm has to have been manufactured prior to 1898.
    glad I read through the whole thread. I was about to make this exact same comment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz_knox View Post
    I think they are pretty much the definition of a retro AR. In a few more years, a flat top M4 with no accessories will be the “latest” in retro rifles.
    this^^^

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased a fully assembled new A2 upper from Double Star. My plan is to build an A2 carbine using a new Colt 6720 barrel assembly and my last Colt Sporting Rifles lower. Too bad those lowers are no longer available from JSE.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12