Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading match ammo a good option right now?

Feedback Score
    Just about to start reloading for rifle......good thread for info. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    Markm, Do you mind sharing your info for the 62gr HPBT?
    I really having nailed down a load. Any amounts of the Benchrest extrudeds (H322, XBR) have shot fine. Other guys have gotten more accuracy out of this bullet than we have, and they posted their load info in the 62 gr HPBT thread in this forum.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Sounds good. I plan on picking up some of the 62HPBT and have a good bit of ar-comp and XBR powder on hand. My plan is to do similar 62gr for low cost stuff and 69gr or 77gr for longer ranges.

This will be my starting point in reloading .223

Feedback Score
    I've not had great luck with XBR powder for light weight pills. Accuracy wasn't horrible but it shines with the heavier weight bullets. I just couldn't get the velocity with the lightweight loads.

A powder that nobody seems to use is old school H4895. I've seen some killer groups with it and for pure precision work it's hard to beat, but I load on a progressive and other powders meter much better.

O/P if you are serious and shooting big matches handloading is definitely the way to go. You get control and can tailor your loads if you choose to at modest cost. Not so much with factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12