Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever see a SBR Galil SAR?

Feedback Score

Anyone ever see a SBR Galil SAR?

The one AK style rifle I've always wanted, but haven't seen. I tried to purchase a Pre Sample, just prior to getting rid of my SOT, but it turned out to be a Post Sample. Dealer tried to pass it off as a Pre, but ATF caught it.

I've seen some parts kits for sale, but not sure who makes a good receiver for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not at all interested in a Galil Ace.

MGfan58

Feedback Score
    Unless you get someones personal one, I think your going to have to get a full rifle cut down, or a parts kit built up.

Feedback Score
    I’m sure you’re right about that. I was hoping someone might have a little insight into the best direction to get started. I’ve found some parts kits, but I’m not sure about the quality. Guess it’s time to make some phone calls.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a couple pre-samples years ago. There were some Israeli kits that were around, but that has been maybe 20 years ago anyway. The best kits if you could find one was a South African R5.

Feedback Score
    mqfan58, have you considered a Micro Galil? They're available, but pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Bret; 10-31-19 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    I had a F/A Galil ARM and Valmet 78. Both in 223. Currently have a SBR AKSU74 in 5.56 that is a lot of fun to shoot. Just always wanted the SAR. The R5 looks like a cool rifle and I like the 13.1" barrel length.

Feedback Score
    Bret, Since I already have a SBR AK, I'm kind of hung up on the SAR. The micro is just too short. 8.9" on my AKSU74 is already short enough.

Feedback Score
    IMG_8191.jpg

Photo turned out a little smaller than expected, but it was my first try. I also have a SBR 9mm Colt, but never shoot it any more and have enough other stuff that I don't want to mess with driving the pins out to convert to something else.
    Last edited by mgfan58; 10-31-19 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfan58 View Post
    Bret, Since I already have a SBR AK, I'm kind of hung up on the SAR. The micro is just too short. 8.9" on my AKSU74 is already short enough.
    I understand. I'd love to have a full auto AKSU74. I'd worry about wearing out the barrel though. That's the fun thing about having full autos that have easy change barrels. If you ever need help shooting it, I'm willing.

Feedback Score
    You mean like this?

CNC warrior makes the best receiver in my opinion.

yCz2BXpl.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast