Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AAC M4-2000 not locking up

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

AAC M4-2000 not locking up

I have an M4-2K that is about 7 years old. Who knows how many rounds through it. However I noticed tonight that it no longer locks onto any of the muzzle devices. It grabs onto them but even minimal pressure (and shooting) will cause it to unscrew.

Anyone know of a good fix besides sending it back to AAC?
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Worn latch huh?...I remember AAC talking about how they were really efficient at replacing those these days.

I’d send it home for repair and they’ll most likely re-finish the can as well.

I haven’t heard of any other repair outside of sending it to AAC, I hold my latches down when spinning the can on now to lessen wear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I have an M4-2K that is about 7 years old. Who knows how many rounds through it. However I noticed tonight that it no longer locks onto any of the muzzle devices. It grabs onto them but even minimal pressure (and shooting) will cause it to unscrew.

Anyone know of a good fix besides sending it back to AAC?
    This will likely be my plan:

https://www.facebook.com/ECCOmachine...7675385316903/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I just came here to post this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We're pretty carefull to depress the latches when mounting Pappabear's AAC cans. My two are 18 tooth mounts, to I can do anything other than minimize removal from the mount.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Thanks everyone.

This can has slowly been replaced by others on a number of my guns. So I don't think I want to spend the money on completely changing the mount system. But if AAC ever responds to my message I hope they will at least replace the ratchet.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ll be 3rd to suggest ECCO. He has my SDN-6 right now. All my centerfire cans are upgraded to Area419 mounts, and I’m very pleased. The cost was barely more than a new brake.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    I’ll be 3rd to suggest ECCO. He has my SDN-6 right now. All my centerfire cans are upgraded to Area419 mounts, and I’m very pleased. The cost was barely more than a new brake.
    If AAC was smart they’d be offering to do this work themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ecco has done some SDN-6 with the Q Cherry Bomb and they’re very quick to respond via Facebook.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm not a 'flavor of the month mount guy', so I would just get the latch replaced.

I mean feeling like you are 'in the club' with all the coolieo name dropping mount crowd is fun, but my SDN6 has been bombproof for 5+ years.

I guess if it shits the bed and AAC goes out of business I'd do a conversion but besides that, pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast