Thread: Sling mount for Magpul ACS

Feedback Score

Sling mount for Magpul ACS

Hello,

I built an AR lower about 7 years ago and put a Magpul ACS in olive drab on it. I got a BCM upper for it and have enjoyed this rifle throughout the years. I just got a confirmation that a new upper in 6.5 Grendel from Sanders armory shipped Friday, and plan to go white tail hunting for the first time this year (at 40). I want to put a sling on it, so I ordered a Magpul MS4 sling. When it got here, I realized that I don't have the sling mount on my ACS. I don't know if they didn't come with one 7 years ago, or if i simply misplaced it in the numerous moves in that time.

Reading up online, they no longer sell this mount and it is difficult to find. Any suggestions on other means of connecting the sling? Any aftermarket solutions? Do I scour the web and contact sites to see who might have a few left in stock? Is this an excuse to switch to an FDE ACS?

Appreciate any suggestions,
    A

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by georgeib; 10-30-19 at 04:23.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I emailed Magpul and they are sending me a type 3 sling mount. I am guessing they didn’t come with them back when I bought it. That is customer service

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice.