Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new to this forum and newbie question! (what ammo for LE6920)

Feedback Score
    Thanks

So for Home Defense what would be you favorite round and make!

For Range practice can you recommend a good round and make!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Home defense: Speer Gold Dot, Barnes TSX, Hornady TAP

Range use: any 193 clone.

I think we are being redundant here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Home defense: Speer Gold Dot, Barnes TSX, Hornady TAP

Range use: any 193 clone.

I think we are being redundant here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got it, thanks and sorry for the redundancy, I'm a little redundant as well as a bit off,

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's good bonded ammo out there. I however prefer the fragmentation approach that you'll get from OTM bullets. You're not really going to go wrong with either.

I've tested it myself, but additionally, Black Hills sent me the penetration charts. For me, I like frag for reduced over-penetration, as well as remarkable performance out of shorter barrels.

The thing I like about Mk 262 style ammo is that you can shoot it for CQB all the way out to 1000 yards and more.... all with the same round. The black hills TMK bullet (by the way) also fragments brilliantly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Since you have that other thread asking about the P4Xi, I’ll point out that with a 16” barrel, Frontier 68gr 5.56 follows its reticle perfectly out to 600yds, with the center dot being 200yds, and a 1.9” mount. I’m sure that any other 68/69gr 5.56 will also do well.

Fusion MSR 62 is in my HD mags. With the rifle zeroed for 68gr 5.56, its POI is close enough, as is Vort-Tx 70gr.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's good bonded ammo out there. I however prefer the fragmentation approach that you'll get from OTM bullets. You're not really going to go wrong with either.

I've tested it myself, but additionally, Black Hills sent me the penetration charts. For me, I like frag for reduced over-penetration, as well as remarkable performance out of shorter barrels.

The thing I like about Mk 262 style ammo is that you can shoot it for CQB all the way out to 1000 yards and more.... all with the same round. The black hills TMK bullet (by the way) also fragments brilliantly.
    Thanks for the response!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Since you have that other thread asking about the P4Xi, I’ll point out that with a 16” barrel, Frontier 68gr 5.56 follows its reticle perfectly out to 600yds, with the center dot being 200yds, and a 1.9” mount. I’m sure that any other 68/69gr 5.56 will also do well.

Fusion MSR 62 is in my HD mags. With the rifle zeroed for 68gr 5.56, its POI is close enough, as is Vort-Tx 70gr.

Thanks for the info

Feedback Score

Range & HD ammo?

Last edited by Patriotne12; 10-29-19 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't squander money on "self defense" 5.56 ammo. It's all marketing hype. M193 will do a number on home invaders.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Don't squander money on "self defense" 5.56 ammo. It's all marketing hype. M193 will do a number on home invaders.
    This is a joke right? Mk 262 vs M193 isn't even close. Sure a 55 gr ball round placed well will drop someone. But even out of a 20" gun, fragmentation isn't reliable.

I can't SME on the wound cavity and all that jazz, but I've read enough of the expert info to know it's way more than marketing hype.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast