Thread: HSGI Sure Grip padded belt, holster set up options revisited

Feedback Score

HSGI Sure Grip padded belt, holster set up options revisited

Looking for some different options on setting up a holster for a 3.5 Officers 1911 to the padded belt.

Setup: Hsgi sure grip padded belt, Compact 1911 3.5.
    Uses: Classes, Comp, range, Shtf..
    Issues: Connect holster and holster option.
    I’ve got a Blade tech, possibly looking at Safariland 7377 ALS, Aliengear Cloak Mod Molle or ??
    In a compact most options are geared towards concealed rather than“Duty”..

Yes I’ve searched, read hundreds of posts, saved countless pics of setups and evaluated options.
    The average post on any forum regarding the hsgi padded belt non slotted dates from 2012/2014 and technology and adaption or user trial and error has discovered what works and what doesn’t for 2019.

No, I’m not (at this moment) going with a different belt. Ronin, etc so no opinions on how such and such is better. No I’m not changing out my edc. 1911, it runs great in my Milt Sparks setup.

So what are the best option to connect this setup, somewhat of a drop to the holster?
    Molle adaptor? Drop connection attached to the riggers belt? And what hardware?

Btw, Great forum, I appreciate the knowledge and experience here. You guys have got some great rigs
    and experience! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Rye_Tyler; 10-28-19 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The most common way to do what you want is generally using a safariland drop mount and mounting a compatible holster to it. If your hsgi belt has the slots, you’ll run the inner belt throu the pad then thread the belt through the drop platform then run the inner belt through the rest of the pad. What then happens is the drop will be half concealed in the pad with just the mounting interface exposed. This is basically how I intend to run mine once I get a belt pad. I hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Double tap
    Last edited by Rye_Tyler; 10-28-19 at 22:12.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the insight. I’ll order one. 👍

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That belt should have slots to feed a holster up through the bottom to get it fed thru the inner belt. I used a g-code optimal drop with RTI, this way I could switch between whatever pistol I was using.

With it fed up and around the inner belt it gave a very secure attachment point.