Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14.5 LW Carbine - DD or BCM - Best Quality

Feedback Score
    I would go BCM... Better furniture for one. DD uses a sub optimal castle nut and i believe poly ejection port doors.

The DD may be a little more accurate but that's about it. I do believe gas port sizing is similar..DD changed theirs in the last year or so to smaller ports

Gas block would non-issue for me. have NEVER seen a BCM come loose and people beat on the guns

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    DD uses a sub optimal castle nut
    True story, I watched IG replace one at the last class I took with him and he made a point to state just that and passed it around.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't be bummed to own either. However, DD is MASSIVELY overpriced. They're nice looking guns, but holy smokes... the base gun alone is expensive.

I too like the barrel profiles offered by Bravo... and Bravo doesn't have the history of bone headed gas port sizes in their barrels that DD used to.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer DD to BCM but only by a small amount. I like how they produce their own barrels.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Can't go wrong with either, but I hate DD furniture and I think their stuff is (in general) over-priced.

I have some DD barrels but complete uppers are BCMs.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have the BCM upper 14.5 p&w XA2 FH with the BFH ELW barrel and the KMRA 13" rail ordered from BCM during a sale. My previous upper is a BCM 16" ELW with the BCM Comp and original KMR rail. Later is when I picked up the BCM BFH upper. I would only ever replace rail if bent/broken and use another BCM rail so P&W is not an issue.
    I have the muzzle device I want, the Extended A2.
    Like MrGnG has reported: Never heard anyone complain about a BCM gas block coming loose, only cursing how hard it is to get undone/come off.
    DD has had more reports of over gassed than a BCM, but that may have been theMk18 uppers. My BCM uppers are on a COLT lower, ALG/ACT trigger, and a Spike's lower I've had for years with SSA trigger. BCM and Colt BCG.
    Then my 11.5" BCM pistol has an ELW barrel and KMRA rail on a Colt lower.
    H Buffers in all 3 with BCM and Colt buffer springs
    I was invested in KM accessories.
    Wife has a BCM 16" mid with FSB on a LW barrel.
    Her AR and the AR pistol have the least amount of ammo run through them.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How much time do you have on it? I'm definitely interested in hearing more about them.
    On the DD? About 200 rounds, so not much. I think he had around 1000 total on the rifle before my time with it. I've only shot PRVI m193 through it, and it ran great, but I can't say how it would run on cheaper, lower powered ammo.

Apparently the stock trigger was garbage. The SSA in the gun now was of course perfectly fine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    DD kind of floats around in the no mans land price range between BCM / Colt at $1000-1200 and KAC SR-15 at $2600.

I just don't see it doing much more than Colt / BCM, although I think DD barrels are more accurate (in general).

I have a 14.5 DD LW Carbine barrel with gas block which I scored for $185 on sale - some day I'll replace a barrel or build a new upper around it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you can get them for the same price I would choose DD since they typically cost slightly more than BCM with a higher resale value. With only one condition - if you like a DD rail. If you don't like DD rail, BCM MCMR rail, although not my first choice, is very good and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Other than rail, decide on a muzzle device you prefer and go with the company offering you the choice.

IMHO barrel profile, especially on a quality barrel, is really an overrated sales gimmick and has to do more with aesthetics and primarily sales tactics and maybe somewhat barely noticeable in rare cases balance.* (this refers to the same barrel types light-light, medium/medium, heavy/heavy and not light-heavy comparison).

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    If you order a 14.5 P&W from BCM, you choose what muzzle device to have installed

OKAY, My BAD.

I have vented my personal preference. If not the BCM, a DD or Centurion Arms or even a Sionix

I have used the C4 rail from Centurion arms and is the better Quad Rail I have used.

The DD you have chosen has proven parts and I'm sure Mark would take care of his customers like Paul or Monty would.
    Last edited by RWH24; 10-29-19 at 18:22.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast