Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 14.5 LW Carbine - DD or BCM - Best Quality

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bb223 View Post
    Every other AR barrel I have shoots better than my BCMs, so I would go DD for sure.
    Same here

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Right now the full Geiselle rifle is on sale for a little over 1500$

It has a nicer rail, muzzle device, and trigger than both the Daniel defense and BCM.

There is. I question if I was the OP I’d be picking up two of these right now. The last thing I need is another rifle but damn this is tempting.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-urg-i-14-5-pinned-welded-5-56mm.html

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Right now the full Geiselle rifle is on sale for a little over 1500$

It has a nicer rail, muzzle device, and trigger than both the Daniel defense and BCM.

There is. I question if I was the OP I’d be picking up two of these right now. The last thing I need is another rifle but damn this is tempting.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-urg-...ed-5-56mm.html
    Nicer rail - debatable. Muzzle device - no.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Nicer rail - debatable. Muzzle device - no.
    Agreed. It’s nice but nothing special.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Sorry, should have clarified - the Triarc.
    Sorry, just saw this.

I love it.

The upper was built with their 14.5 Track middy barrel, a 13" Geissele Mk8 rail, pinned Geissele gasblock, & pinned 3 tine warcomp. It's heavier that my friend's DD SLW, mostly due to the heavier barrel profile.

It runs great with a Carbine buffer, an H2 is enough to cause it to occasionally short stroke (will eject, won't feed) with full pressure ammo. I don't have a Surefire can, so I can't comment on how it would run suppressed.

As far as accuracy, I've only shot the upper with an LVPO, but it's been at or under 1" @ 100 yds with most quality heavier grain ammo (65-77gr match bullets), shooting 5 shot groups. Most of the M193 I've put through it has been closer to 2".
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 11-01-19 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, if you're just going to be shooting this once a month or so, why not save a little money and get a standard BCM upper instead?

Feedback Score
    I'll add my experience in here, I own a BCM 14.5 ELW middy with a pinned Mod-1 comp and a BCM 16 middy with an A2 flash hider. There is a difference between the 2 in regards to recoil and muzzle rise. It's not dramatic, and will not make up for poor fundamentals in shooting, but you can tell that the BCM comp does improve on recoil and muzzle rise slightly in my experience. As far as muzzle flash, I cannot say, most of my shooting is during daylight, and the "bark" standing next to it is more pronounced. I don't think the bark is as obnoxious as other muzzle brakes, but it is more pronounced that the A2. I have a friend that has a DD 14.5 and it is a fine rifle. I have shot it and it runs great. The biggest difference between the 2 is the BCM with the ELW barrels do handle better in my opinion. That is the greatest attribute to them, very well balanced and noticeably lighter on the muzzle end.

Feedback Score
    Got an email last night and Geissele is having a sale. Their complete rifle is $1530.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-urg-...ed-5-56mm.html

If I hadn't just bought a NOS Sig 516 I'd be all over that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP here.

I haven't bought anything yet because I have been busy with other life stuff and I haven't really felt 100% about either of these choices.

The idea was to spend some money on one sexy gun that I really like that would be bullet proof for the CW2WW3BIGIGLOO.

I have two Sionics 3Es and I guess they're fine. I've not had any problems out of them, I just don't have the peace of mind with them that I would with a bigger manufacturer. Totally unfounded though.

I also have an unfired 6920 that I bought a while back to sell later, but I'm thinking it may actually be the best choice pragmatically since I don't really need a FF rail at all (no NV).

I appreciate everyone's input on the 14.5 guns in question though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, not sure if I posted here but I recently just got a BCM 14.5 BFM ELW upper. Test fired it this weekend on a BCM lower with A5 buffer and it was great. Super smooth with a BCM Comp mod 1 pinned. Not loud either and I’m glad I got that over an A2X.

I have a T2 on a Scalarworks lower 1/3 mount on the way to finish it off.

I like BCM because the perception I have of them is duty/military grade with no nonsense or extra fluff. I think of them as Glock of ARs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast