Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 14.5 LW Carbine - DD or BCM - Best Quality

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, You've solved your own dilemma. You already have three reliable rifles that will fulfill your wildest dreams of taking care of some SHTF situations. There's a difference between wanting something and actually needing it. If you already have plenty of ammo and magazines for the future, then spend the money you saved on training to develop the mindset to pull the trigger if and when it is needed. If your weapons are maintained and you have good magazines and ammo, the reliability concerns isn't on the guns, it's on the shooter.

Feedback Score
    OP, I understand wanting another AR, but if you have a Colt 6920 I’d recommend keeping it and spending your money on ammo/time at the range and a class or two.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I use a DDV7 Lw 16” gun at work as my Patrol Rifle. It was more accurate than the BCM EWL-F upper equipped rifle it replaced. I have a spare DD as a training rifle. My ex-wife took the DDV7 Lw I bought her in the divorce. My adult son who is an active duty US Marine, has a DDV7 sitting in my safe while he’s deployed out of the country currently.

I also bought a DDV7 pistol for traveling on vacation. This thing is a fun gun to shoot!

Short version is I have some experience with the DDV7’s. I don’t find the newer ones over gassed. They have an accuracy potential, that I would find hard to believe if I didn’t see it with my own eyes.

The MSRP of the factory DD Guns is high. But if you shop around the Internet, you can get the price down to the point that it’s very reasonable, for what you’re getting.

I used to carry a pinned and welded 14.5” BCM upper on my patrol rifle at work. When it was all said and done, the 1.5” OAL savings wasn’t worth it in comparison to the negative of being locked in with pinned and welded. A 14.5” gun isn’t that much easier to deploy from a Explorer than a 16” gun is. If deployment from vehicles is an issue than 11.5” is the way to go.

Sionics and Sons of Liberty Gun Works both make some similar guns, as well as Centurion. I can’t recommend or comment on them ONLY because I have no first hand experience with their products. They could very well be excellent guns. But I won’t comment on a product that I have no personal experience with.

With that said, I think a person with a Colt 6920 that invested time and resources in getting training from a vetted instructor is better off than the guy who dropped major $ on a gun that he reads and posts about in the Internet.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 11-08-19 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    BCM for dayz... Cheaper, lighter, equal accuracy, top tier customer service, and a owner that actually supports the 2A...

I actually got a bad barrel in a factory BCM that wouldnt group better than 3moa with match ammo. I emailed BCM on Monday, sent the upper out on Tuesday, and had my rifle back together on the following Tuesday... I even asked that they swap the original barrel, a 16" gov profile, for a 14.5 ELW and they did it free of charge or hassle.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The DD CHF barrels that I have had through the years had a better and more consistant accuracy barrel to barrel and with about all types of ammo, than their BCM counterparts.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-13-19 at 20:40.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345