Thread: Re-outfitting my Truck's EDC... what should I add?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Re-outfitting my Truck's EDC... what should I add?

Hey dudes,

I have always tried to have a few pieces of gear in a 3day bag underneath the back seat of my truck. I would keep some basics, like a first aid kit, tow straps, gloves, duct tape, electric air pump, jack yada yada.

Recently I got a hard, tri-fold, town-in cover and it made me realize I can store way more in my bed without worry of theft. Right now I am thinking of going to a surplus store and picking up an A bag that I can strap down to a tie down point. What kinda items do you carry in your car, OR what would you put in your own hypothetical A bag?

My basic EOTW plan involves just sheltering in place, so think what kinda gear I might need to get home, not necessarily 'survive for weeks on end without resupply'.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey dudes,

I have always tried to have a few pieces of gear in a 3day bag underneath the back seat of my truck. I would keep some basics, like a first aid kit, tow straps, gloves, duct tape, electric air pump, jack yada yada.

Recently I got a hard, tri-fold, town-in cover and it made me realize I can store way more in my bed without worry of theft. Right now I am thinking of going to a surplus store and picking up an A bag that I can strap down to a tie down point. What kinda items do you carry in your car, OR what would you put in your own hypothetical A bag?

My basic EOTW plan involves just sheltering in place, so think what kinda gear I might need to get home, not necessarily 'survive for weeks on end without resupply'.
    My basic kit is a “get home” bag since I, too, would be sheltering in place. That being said I keep a pack in my trunk with what I would need if I had to walk home. I have several bottles of water, Clif bars, first aid kit, lightweight bivvy, multitool, fixed blade knife and a lightweight rain jacket. In the winter I make sure I have gloves, toboggan and an extra jacket. On a normal day the furthest I would have to walk home is 25 miles so I really don’t need a ton of stuff to carry.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One of the things I've thought about is something to siphon gas with and to store it in. It would have to be a small diameter hose to get past the anti siphoning valve on modern cars. Of course, it would have to be real bad if you needed to do this, but you never know these days. Plan on sheltering in place, but what if you had to leave that place and go somewhere else further away?

Feedback Score
    Maxtrax

Feedback Score
    Small portable water filter, hand warmers(depending where your at) an extra pair of good socks in a zip lock baggy...Batteries and some way to start a fire..

Feedback Score
    Flares, glow sticks, orange or yellow throw over vest.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This:

https://www.amazon.com/CyberDyer-Rec.../dp/B07NNFQHHJ

Also, agree with Mozart. Maxtrax, even if you have a 2WD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    This:

https://www.amazon.com/CyberDyer-Rec.../dp/B07NNFQHHJ

Also, agree with Mozart. Maxtrax, even if you have a 2WD.
    Especially if you have a 2wd! Traction boards are cheaper, easier, and in my opinion, more effective than a winch, for 90% of stuck situations.

I have 1 liter of water in a metal bottle that has been boiled AND chemically purified that I dump annually, plus a life straw. That covers my water needs. Knife, flashlight, extra Glock mag, gloves and hats, rain jacket, backpack, binoculars, lithium jump-start pack that can also charge my phone.

I’d like to get a good multi tool, some Paracord, a tarp, extra footwear/ socks, a shovel, few other things I’m not thinking of.

I’d like to have everything I can conceive of needing if I have to walk 28 miles home from work in the event of a CME / EMP and my truck won’t start.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I had to get home in an emergency situation with a truck that's gone tits up, I would seriously consider keeping a bicycle in a covered bed. If space was a premium like in a trunk of a car or smaller SUV, I would check these out.

https://www.montaguebikes.com/produc...ountain-bikes/

The less time you are exposed to nature or bad people, the better. Covering 25-30 miles on foot would take me about 10 hours or more. By bike, around 2-3 hours at the most. Plus you can quickly go off-road using hiking trails or backroads to limit your exposure to people with bad intentions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    If I had to get home in an emergency situation with a truck that's gone tits up, I would seriously consider keeping a bicycle in a covered bed. If space was a premium like in a trunk of a car or smaller SUV, I would check these out.

https://www.montaguebikes.com/produc...ountain-bikes/

The less time you are exposed to nature or bad people, the better. Covering 25-30 miles on foot would take me about 10 hours or more. By bike, around 2-3 hours at the most. Plus you can quickly go off-road using hiking trails or backroads to limit your exposure to people with bad intentions.
    That’s not a bad idea. Maybe I’ll look into selling my Specialized and get one of these Paratrooper models.