Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I see the inserts have been removed from the website, have the gas tubes and gas block replaced them? Would it still be possible to purchase inserts?
    Tried to find the contact thing on the website to ask this very question. Need a dedicated suppressed insert and another 50/50 insert but smaller

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We've removed them for now.

Any new applications should use the EZTUNE tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I see the inserts have been removed from the website, have the gas tubes and gas block replaced them? Would it still be possible to purchase inserts?

We are supporting customers with exiting gas blocks for size changes only.

Contact us for a direct link to the ports.

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by zubrato View Post
    Tried to find the contact thing on the website to ask this very question. Need a dedicated suppressed insert and another 50/50 insert but smaller
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

So there is no longer an option to have your insert installed into an existing gas block?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have a 14" BRT build I did that's gassed quite nicely for unsuppressed use. Lately I find myself running it suppressed full time, which leaves it a little gassier than I'd like, (though still very smooth functioning). I ended up messaging with Clint, and ordering an EZTUNE gas tube, which cuts the gas down considerably. It still cycles and locks back with M855 and 55gr commercial spec ammo, but cut down the gas to the face when suppressed. Shooting this and then shooting commercial ARs leaves me sad for people, lol. Very happy with the simplicity of it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I have a 14" BRT build I did that's gassed quite nicely for unsuppressed use. Lately I find myself running it suppressed full time, which leaves it a little gassier than I'd like, (though still very smooth functioning). I ended up messaging with Clint, and ordering an EZTUNE gas tube, which cuts the gas down considerably. It still cycles and locks back with M855 and 55gr commercial spec ammo, but cut down the gas to the face when suppressed. Shooting this and then shooting commercial ARs leaves me sad for people, lol. Very happy with the simplicity of it.
    I shot for the second time with mine and it locks back unsuppressed as well. But there's virtually no gas to my face, every AR should be gas similar.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I shot for the second time with mine and it locks back unsuppressed as well. But there's virtually no gas to my face, every AR should be gas similar.
    Absolutely. The big takeaway for me is that buddies with overgassed rifles can fix that without chasing crazy spring/buffer combos, and put their money towards a better rifle. My M&P15 back in the day was cycling a Sprinco extra power spring/H2 combo with gas to spare. I could have thrown one of these in and just started on my next rifle...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

We are supporting customers with exiting gas blocks for size changes only.

Contact us for a direct link to the ports.

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/contact/
    Why did you do away with the gas block inserts?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Took my 10.5 Noveske out with a .0625 EZ tube since my Q Thunder Chicken was approved. Functioned with and without can running A5H3 shooting M193. Everything worked as I had hoped.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Why did you do away with the gas block inserts?
    Clint took care of this issue for me, but my insert got pushed up into the tube. The drill bit provided basically fit my CA gas block so in went the insert. After firing maybe 40 rounds it got pushed up into the gas tube pretty much shutting down the rifle. Clint switched it out with an EZ tube and it has run fine since.

To do it right with an insert IMO would require a true threaded hole for the insert to screw into, slightly larger than the one he provided.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 07-08-20 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Clint took care of this issue for me, but my insert got pushed up into the tube. The drill bit provided basically fit my CA gas block so in went the insert. After firing maybe 40 rounds it got pushed up into the gas tube pretty much shutting down the rifle. Clint switched it out with an EZ tube and it has run fine since.

To do it right with an insert IMO would require a true threaded hole for the insert to screw into, slightly larger than the one he provided.
    I am confused, did you not thread your gas block? Or was it just because your particular gas block ports was already too large.

I know the one i did i had to drill and tap. Either way, the gas tubes are much simpler

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast