Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Did y’all find a longevity difference between the tubes vs the gas port insert? Just trying to figure out if there is a durability use difference for a duty gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbutcher View Post
    Did y’all find a longevity difference between the tubes vs the gas port insert? Just trying to figure out if there is a durability use difference for a duty gun.
    From earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Like everything, it depends on on duty cycle and gas system length.

We've got one test going with a 100% suppressed carbine still in spec after 4000 rounds.

For now, let's call it ~5000 rounds expected useful life.

While that won't win any endurance record bragging rights or .gov contracts, it's actually completely adequate for 90% of users.

We have other solutions for the 10% with higher round counts or duty use.
    The insert blocks are discontinued however so that 10% is out of luck now it seems.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Too bad the system isn't modular enough for a person to change gas tubes every 5000rds...

Feedback Score
    I wonder what the other 10% solution is. My 100% suppressed sees a lot of high round count events, such that the 5,000 threshold is only a few months at most. Replacing gas tubes 2-3x as fast as I’m replacing barrels seems like less than an ideal solution if there is something else that would last the life of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I wonder what the other 10% solution is. My 100% suppressed sees a lot of high round count events, such that the 5,000 threshold is only a few months at most. Replacing gas tubes 2-3x as fast as I’m replacing barrels seems like less than an ideal solution if there is something else that would last the life of the barrel.
    I agree, but in that case can you buy barrels that are ported correctly per your use? Either way, I'd contact BRT directly and see what's available. Hopefully there's still an option for dedicated users.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Too bad the system isn't modular enough for a person to change gas tubes every 5000rds...
    Based on Criterion's numbers that would be four gas tubes over the life of a barrel adding between $200 and $240 to its lifetime cost.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Based on Criterion's numbers that would be four gas tubes over the life of a barrel adding between $200 and $240 to its lifetime cost.
    Or he could just go with a bleed-off type adjustable gas block for less than half that amount and be able to use it for several barrels. $60 for a gas tube seems really overpriced to me.

Feedback Score
    Adjustable gas blocks are more to break, I have never found one that I liked and met my needs for durability. Maybe it’s just me. Much more of a set and forget without having to worry guy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Adjustable gas blocks are more to break, I have never found one that I liked and met my needs for durability. Maybe it’s just me. Much more of a set and forget without having to worry guy.
    I went with the gas block insert that BRT used to sell. Set it, and forget it. Wish they still offered it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast