Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    When you go to buy it there is a questionnaire you fill out and the system will determine the right size for you based on your answers.
    Oh, very cool. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Slick. Can’t wait to hear how these work out for Papabear and MarkM on the MWS
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Slick. Can’t wait to hear how these work out for Papabear and MarkM on the MWS
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Not Clint but .073 may be about right if suppressed. If you order they will pick a size for you
    Maybe 0.062 if you want it to run without a can, mid/low 0.05's if you don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Maybe 0.062 if you want it to run without a can, mid/low 0.05's if you don't.
    For a 13.7 inch Mid-length? That is the post i quoted. Most will agree that something in the .076-.078 range is optimal for a middy in that length. I dont even think the gun would run with a port as small as you are suggesting

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Received and installed the BRT carbine suppressed tube on my 12.5” Noveske barrel. I will shoot it and report my findings tomorrow.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds good. Looking forward to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Received and installed the BRT carbine suppressed tube on my 12.5” Noveske barrel. I will shoot it and report my findings tomorrow.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    For a 13.7 inch Mid-length? That is the post i quoted. Most will agree that something in the .076-.078 range is optimal for a middy in that length. I dont even think the gun would run with a port as small as you are suggesting
    I'm sorry, I thought it was carbine length. I am incorrect as applies to a middy.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Did some testing at the range today. I forwarded pictures and video to Clint already.

The rifle used has a 12.5” Noveske LW CHF barrel, Centurion C4 BCG, A5 receiver extension with -1 buffer (-0 also tested), Sprinco Green rifle action spring and AAC Mini4 suppressor.

Ammunition used was Federal XM193 55 gr. 5.56mm.

I first installed the A5 -0 (3.8oz) buffer and fired one round on an empty magazine and the bolt locked to the rear.
    I then fired 10 rounds and removed the magazine and the rounds on top of the magazine were noticeably cleaner than usual when firing suppressed.
    I then made a slow motion video and fired 4 rounds to see if there was any bolt bounce with the very light buffer.
    There was no bolt bounce observed in the video.
    My observations with the -0 buffer was that recoil was much less with the gas tube installed but a bit sharper. I felt that the -0 buffer was too light.

I then unloaded the rifle and made it safe. I removed the -0 buffer and installed the -1 (4.56 oz) buffer.
    I loaded and fired one round on an empty magazine and the bolt locked back on the last round.
    I then fired 10 rounds and removed the magazine and the rounds on top of the magazine were still quite clean. I used the same magazine that I used when firing the first 10 rounds with the -0 buffer.
    Next I made a slow motion video and fired 5 rounds to check for bolt bounce and again there was no bolt bounce observed.
    I felt that the -1 buffer was the right buffer to be using with this set up.

I fired about 75 rounds total with the EZ Tune gas tube and I am satisfied that the tube works as advertised. After firing approximately 75 rounds, the laser engraved C4 etching on the Centurion BCG was still very visible.
    After the rifle cooled down to the point that I could remove the suppressor, I did a lock back test on the rifle without the suppressor. The bolt failed to lock back but the spent case did fully eject.

I will admit that I was a little skeptical about this gas tube but after Clint posted the picture of the tube that had about 4000 rounds through it, I was convinced enough to purchase one and give it a try. After trying it out today, I’m satisfied that the BRT EZ Tune gas tube is a solid piece of equipment that optimizes the gas system of the rifle and allows the use of a much lighter buffer than normally could be used with a high pressure suppressor.

I’ll post some pictures later and I’ll answer any questions that I can.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Here's some photos from today...

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast