Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    Jumping on the BRT tubes are awesome bandwagon.

Very precisely made, so much so that after thousands of rounds, I had no issue removing the gas tube after some wiggling.

I've removed a lot of "mil spec" gas tubes that froze up with carbon or copper fouling, no gas tube wrench or penetrating oil would free short of destruction.

Clint really knows his stuff.

Feedback Score
    Got my tube installed today. Had to put the old tube in the vise with soft jaws and tap on the back of the upper with a rubber mallet to dislodge it after removing the roll pin. Those carbine tubes get crusted in place pretty good. Can't wait to test my buffer collection with a reduced port size.
    Last edited by B52U; 11-07-19 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My tube is en route.
    I’m going to compare my 12.5” CHF Noveske with my 2 BRT barreled (14”&11.5”-s) rifles next weekend at our night fire classes.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've needed one of these for my 733 clone for a while. The only suitable barrel I could find for my clone was a Spike's and the gun is wickedly overgassed. The BRT tube is on my short list of "must buy" items when I get my bonus in a couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    Just ran 30 rounds through the old 14.7" pinned carbine with the new .0635 EZtune gas tube. Huge improvement to have it properly gassed. My M855 clone (62gr fmj ~2780 fps in my gun) reloads functioned perfectly and ejected between 3:30 and 4 o'clock with either an H or an H2 buffer with springco blue spring. The H2 locked back fine on empty and had slightly better ejection pattern so I will stick with it over the H. I normally run brass cased hotter reloads. Tangible improvement. Thanks Clint.
    Last edited by B52U; 11-08-19 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm thinking of using your gas tube for a my 13.7" midlength Noveske 5.56 barrel. The port is .086 on a .750 gas block journal, and the barrel is very over gassed. I've been using an SLR adjustable gas block to tame it. This Barrel is shooting suppressed 95% of the time.

What port size gas tube would you recommend, please?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    I'm thinking of using your gas tube for a my 13.7" midlength Noveske 5.56 barrel. The port is .086 on a .750 gas block journal, and the barrel is very over gassed. I've been using an SLR adjustable gas block to tame it. This Barrel is shooting suppressed 95% of the time.

Not Clint but .073 may be about right if suppressed. If you order they will pick a size for you

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post

When you go to buy it there is a questionnaire you fill out and the system will determine the right size for you based on your answers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clint these look like a great option. Very well done.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    When you go to buy it there is a questionnaire you fill out and the system will determine the right size for you based on your answers.
    Oh, very cool. Thank you.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast