Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for all the feedback!

Here is more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey Guys! I believe in this product to the point where every AR I have put together has had one put in it. I've built 11 rifles for myself, family members, friends and customers and every one of them have the EZ Tune gas tube in them. The EZ Tune gas tube solved about 80% of the trouble I was having with my Dissipator build-out. (not a faux dissipator but a true dissipator - 16 inch Bbl. and a rifle length gas system) It's the best way to get a gas tuned rifle without having to mess around with the adjustable gas block which can be iffy at times. The EZ Tune is "plug and play" and you do not have to worry about it from that time forward.

There are 4 moving parts in the "Tuning Equation" of the AR rifle (3 major parts are gas, mass & springs and 1 minor part, the muzzle) - 'Gas, Mass, Springs & Muzzle'. The EZ Tune takes care of the Gas variable; a spring can be handled by either Geissele or Springco; the "mass" is in my opinion, best dealt with by getting a buffer weight kit from KAK industries so you can build a buffer of the exact weight you need. (Verified by shooting at the range)

The last variable in the "tuning equation" is not exactly critical for the rifle but it is icing on the cake, so to speak. That is adding a muzzle device to the rifle and my favorite and only choice is Walker's NERO 556 muzzle device; a little pricey but well worth the $200.00 expenditure.

Of course you can go deeper into the tuning equation with low mass BCGs and adding springs inside the buffer to change the "dead blow" effect (this is not easy to do but it does work) These things are topics for another time, we want to stick to the basics for now.

If you will tune your rifle using the 4 items covered above, you will have a rifle that shoots like silk and that is NO exaggeration. It really and truly feels like shooting .22 magnum cartridges.

Thanks and Regards,

Matt
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Clint,

I have been using A5H3 or A5H4 buffers in my suppressed only uppers, tuned with an AGB. Also use the LMT E-Carrier.

I have a 12.5" Carbine incoming with a pinned gas block and need to order a EZ Tune. Is the current thought process to setup the gas port with a lighter buffer? BCM shipped an A5H0 in a kit (a while ago), which I thought was weird. I was under the impression we wanted a heavier buffer for more reliability.

I have enough tungsten that I can make any A5H0-1-2-3-4 buffer. What should I put in your calculator?

Thank you.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122