Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I decided to try one of these out in my SPR. It has an 18" SOLGW barrel with rifle length gas and a Vltor A5 system. I provided all the pertinent information to BRT and this is what they sent me. The package says 096. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a measurement or not. It gauged out with my pin gauge set at 0.092. This is a comparison shot with the original gas tube, which gauged at 0.124. The barrel has a gas port of 0.0995. They included a new gas tube roll pin in the package, and I installed it this evening. I'll follow up when I get a chance to try it out.

Following up on this, I finally got the chance to put a single magazine through my rifle today. I did this on my lunch break so I only fired 30 rounds, 10 unsuppressed, 10 with a Sandman K, and 10 with a Sierra 5. The ammo was brass cased 55 GR FMJ stuff loaded in a magazine I had laying around. I'm not even sure what brand it was, probably Wolf Gold or something similar. Anyway, the rifle seemed to have noticeably reduced recoil, and I felt like I got less gas to the face when I added the silencers. There were no malfunctions to report. Not exactly a comprehensive test, but it's all I got for now.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Following up on this, I finally got the chance to put a single magazine through my rifle today. I did this on my lunch break so I only fired 30 rounds, 10 unsuppressed, 10 with a Sandman K, and 10 with a Sierra 5. The ammo was brass cased 55 GR FMJ stuff loaded in a magazine I had laying around. I'm not even sure what brand it was, probably Wolf Gold or something similar. Anyway, the rifle seemed to have noticeably reduced recoil, and I felt like I got less gas to the face when I added the silencers. There were no malfunctions to report. Not exactly a comprehensive test, but it's all I got for now.
    That's great.

Curious what buffer you're using. A5H2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    That's great.

Curious what buffer you're using. A5H2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. A5H2 with Sprinco green spring.

What part of TX are you in?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Correct. A5H2 with Sprinco green spring.

What part of TX are you in?
    DFW, north metro area. North of Frisco. You?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have been running my Noveske 12.5 CHF barrel with one of Clint's gas tubes for about 4 years now. My duty ammo is the Hornady 62 Gr. TAP Barrier 5.56MM which is hotter than any ammo I have ever used. I run this 100% suppressed(AAC Mini4) with an A5H1 buffer and green springco spring. I have not had a single stoppage of any kind since I installed this gas tube.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    DFW, north metro area. North of Frisco. You?

Sorry for the long delay, I just saw your post. I'm NE of DFW in Anna.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Sorry for the long delay, I just saw your post. I'm NE of DFW in Anna.
    Very nice. I'm in McKinney for now. We're nearly neighbors.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Very nice. I'm in McKinney for now. We're nearly neighbors.

That's awesome! We should go shooting some time.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Decided to take this gun apart and clean it today after 1,000 rounds of Tula 55gr steel and a bit of brass 62gr 5.56, all suppressed. Doesn’t seem too gross.
    77533A38-C512-47FD-B5EF-2879A94213E8.jpeg
    A21307C5-4961-4D33-BD1E-89A8E757C399.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I pulled that 11.3” barrel out of retirement and put the same .061 tube back in it. I needed a barrel I don’t care about to shoot a few k of steel case. I’ll let you know if it cycles suppressed with whatever buffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It works with my steel cased and a 30SDK. I tried an A5H4 just because, and got a false lockback. So I put the A5H2 back in and got to blasting.

Edit: worked today, too. A friend said that he got gassed, but I haven’t noticed that. Super smoky ammo, though.

Edit 2: the 11.3” with .061” tube and 30SDK reliably cycles and locks back while pointing almost straight down and no shoulder purchase with Tula, while being slightly dirty. A5H2, Colt spring.

Edit 3: still runs. Doesn’t seem to be getting filthy as fast as most of my suppressed guns do. Strange. Its got a chrome BCG, and there’s still some white showing. I guess with Tula, the port is small enough to just not run nasty.

Edit 4: had my first stoppage. Short-stroke; didn’t chamber the next round, solved with immediate action. Subsequent rounds launched fine, I think it was a one-off.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just needs froglube.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast